Ch. 24

San POV ~

I felt someone poke my cheek, waking me up from my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly, but then gave up, falling back asleep. Suddenly, I heard a shriek beside me, making me worried. I shot up, concerned after I realized the only person it could be was Wooyoung.

His face was dusted with pink, with a hand over his face, covering his eyes. I asked if he was okay and he told me he was unconvincingly. I looked at him skeptically and attempted to grab my phone, checking the time.

Key word, attempted. I felt Wooyoung pulling me back by my arm, making me topple over him. Oh god. I had him caged between my arms, staring at each other. It's like in a story or something, I never thought real life could be this cliché.

Right then, I heard loud footsteps, the tent opening, revealing a tall figure. Talk about wrong timing.

"Ooop, sorry to interrupt" Mingi said with a teasing tone, showing he wasn't sorry at all.

"IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" I hear Wooyoung scream from under me.

I hear Mingi's laughing, "Make sure to check your phone!" Then he walked out still smirking.

Curious, I went and grabbed my phone, no one trying to stop me this time. As soon as I saw why Mingi said that, I felt myself turning red. When did they take these pictures, and when were we ever like that? They must be edited I think, trying to brush off my embarrassment.

Wooyoung jumps out from under me and chases after Mingi with pink dusting his cheeks. I scrolled through all the photos, blushing while zooming in and looking at every single detail. I look around even though I know I'm alone, and saved all of the pictures. My camera roll was already full of him anyways, so might as well add more.

I made my way outside, squinting at the sunlight. I checked the time, 11:38, I yawned and stretched out the last bit of tiredness in me and walked up to everyone else, forming a circle in the middle.

"Alright everyone, what do you guys even want to do?" Yeosang asked.

"Hmmm, we could go swimming? The lake isn't that far away and it's not too deep, as far as I know" Hongjoong suggested.

"Umm, I didn't bring swimming trunks though" I hear say Wooyoung beside me.

"Just wear your shorts then, there's not that much difference anyways" Mingi said.

"I didn't bring another pair either though" Wooyoung said sulking.

"I have an extra" I spoke up.

"Perfect then, but let's eat first" Seonghwa says, food already in his hands and handing them out.

"Thank you" Everyone said in unison like it was a ritual.

After we all finished eating and packing our clothes, we started leaving for the lake. I looked at Wooyoung beside me, and found that he was looking at me too. We both whipped our heads around as I remembered all those pictures, embarrassed but secretly happy.

We arrived after 5 minutes, taking time to appreciate the beauty, since it was night yesterday, I couldn't see much of it. Looking at each other wordlessly, silently asking who will go in first.

"Since all of you are scared to go in, I'll go in first!" Mingi volunteered, jumping straight in, splashing water on all of us.

Oh it's on. I stripped off my shirt and launched myself in after him, chasing him through the water, pushing water towards him like a giant wave.

"SAN, YOU GOT WATER IN MY MOUTH" Mingi choked out, and I laughed at him but still made sure he was okay.

Everyone else jumped in right after, splashing each other like we were little kids again, ahh the fun times. Well everyone went in except for someone that remained standing on the grass, looking into the water nervously. Wooyoung stood there awkwardly with his head down, feet drawing circles in the grass.

"Woo, aren't you gonna come in?" I called to him, everyone else preoccupied playing water polo, trying to smash the ball onto their heads purposely.

'''

Wooyoung POV ~

I told them that I didn't bring my swimming trunks or extra shorts because I was actually afraid of going in the lake, there could be sharks and piranhas! But San offered me his shorts, and I didn't have the heart to tell him and say no, so I went along with them. Bad idea, everyone was in the lake, splashing each other without a care, but I just stood there anxiously. I thought about slipping away since no one was paying attention to me anyways, but someone was, that person being San. Always so observant of me, but not observant enough to notice that deep storm thrashing in me, him being the reason of the constant brewing.

I hear him call out to me, "Woo, aren't you gonna come in?"

I was stuck in place, not wanting to tell him I was actually scared. So I tried to slip away wordlessly, trying not be noticed, but I'm a clown. He literally called me out because he saw me, but I was still trying to get away?

He came out from the water, and god did he look hot, not like a snack, but like the fancy full course meals they had in those luxurious restaurants. I was too busy checking him out, hair dripping wet from the water, toned body, and oh, those veins that showed up from the effort of swimming. Was that weird to think about? If he choked me, would those veins pop out the same way. Okay, now that was definitely not something I should be thinking about my best friend, and I was about to slap myself, but felt a hand grip my arm.

"Come on, Woo" San said while he pulled me into the water, surprising me enough to actually make me fall in.

"AhhHhH, SAN THERE COULD BE SHARKS, LET ME GOOOO" I shrieked dramatically as I was trying to get out of his grip.

"Nope" He said, popping the p, and dragged me in further, making me scream even harder, but not loud enough to overpower the others who were shouting, chucking balls and slapping water in each others' faces.

I didn't even notice that I was already in the deepest area, but felt that my feet still touched the ground, and that there were clearly no sharks or fish that could rip out my flesh.

"See, it's okay" San said laughing.

"Meanie!" I said, hitting his chest, giving me butterflies at the close proximity.

"No I'm not" He said pouting, and ugh, my chest and stomach needs to stop flipping around. "Let's go play together with them, last one to get there needs to clean the tent!" He said as he sped away.

"Don't celebrate too fast!" I yelled chasing after him, and tried to contain all the butterflies that fluttered around inside of me.

Tried.

~

ılı.lıllılıı.ıllılıı

⁀➷ ° 𐐪𐑂 Ateez - Dancing Like Butterfly Wings 𐐪𐑂 °

1:16 ——————•————— 3:02

↺          << ll >>

Volume —————•——