1. First Day of School

『[F/n]'s POV』

It's 5:30 in the morning. I woke up to start my first day. I had an internal clock so I could only guess the time. Most of the time it's right. My body feels so stiff. I shouldn't have been in so many matches yesterday.

I got my sports bag and school bag and double checked everything needed. Most of the items were given to her a gifts for going to school from the recreational gym.

School Bag
- Notebooks
- Writing utensils
- Handkerchief

Sports Bag
- Towels
- School uniform (extra)
- School gym uniform
- Indoor volleyball shoes
- Outdoor/Jogging sneakers
- 2 Sets of clothes
- String bag for dirty clothes.

After checking everything, I made my way to the river. I washed up and dressed in my school uniform. The uniform was a black blazer over a white dress shirts and a red bow. The skirt was a green and yellow gingham check pattern. My uniform was provided by the school so I was grateful. I tied my sneakers, took my volleyball and left for school.

From the gazebo to Itachiyama Institute is about a two hour walking distance. I left around 6:00 am. While walking, I enjoyed the scenery around me. I don't have the money to afford rides, so I make do with my own strength. Growing up, I never having food to eat. I was lucky eat at least one meal a day or a week. Most of the time it's just fountain water fueling me.

The walk to school was peaceful. A few cars went by. The sky was slowly turning to morning. These peaceful morning really sets my day. Most of the houses lights were slowly waking up for the day as I walked by. Tree leaves rustled slightly, greeting me good morning.

~ ♪ ~

It was 8 o'clock by the time I arrives. Class doesn't start till 8:30. I changed my shoes to indoor shoes provided by the school and made my way to the teachers' office. That is where my supplementary classes are taking place.

The school had four floors. The first floor was the first-years'and going up respectively are the second-years' and the third-years' floors. The top floor belonged to the teachers and staff members. Separate wing of the building held the arts on the left and sports on the right.

"Excuse me for intruding," I slid open the door of the teachers' office. The teacher stood from his desk to greet me, "Hello. You must be Mori [F/n]-chan. Welcome to Itachiyama Institute."

"Yes, I'm Mori [F/n]. Nice to meet you," I bowed greeting the teacher.

"You can put your stuff at the table in the back. Your desk is next to it. I'm Kujo Ren. I'm the new Japanese history teacher," he smiled.

"Nice to meet you. Excuse me, where do you sign up for the girls' volleyball team?"

"Are you interested in being volleyball club?"

"Yes, I am."

"Give me a minute, I'll get you a registration form. The girls' volleyball team meets at gym right after school. We don't end usually around 5 or 6 at night."

"Thank you, Kujo-sensei." I made my way to my temporary desk and placed my stuff down. Kujo-sensei passed me the form and I filled it out. I passed it back to him and he said, "You were quite problem, during the teachers' meeting. We had to find a good compromise for you. All the teachers didn't want to turn you away especially how well you did on the entrance exam. The problem was if your answers were flukes or not. Nothing against you."

"I'm sorry for causing trouble. I'm really grateful for the scholarship. "

"It's okay. Everything worked out in the end. There is still time before class starts, so you can walk around the school. First period is in the gym for an assembly." I nodded back in understanding and stayed seated. I didn't want to walk, so I stayed in my seat looking out the window waiting. The teachers came in one by one. I greet everyone as they come in.