2. Tryouts Results

『3rd POV』

Try outs began and everyone was trying to make it to the team. At least the ones that were serious. During the matches, a good portion of the girl's were pretty lazy on the court or were too scared to receive the ball.

This girl isn't in ready position, [F/n] thought as she receives the ball in front the girl. Usually she wouldn't do this, but she wasn't sensing any aggression from the later. So she went for it and quickly left in case she was going moving.

While the girls' rally, Orhime is impressed with certain newcomers and was assessing them. Mori [F/n], I'm a very good libero. She blends in with the team very well and is able to cover a lot of the defenses openings with her speed. She is a bit awkward around everyone, but time can help with that.

"This years batch are not bad. Although most are here cause of Sakusa-kun so they are going to leave as quickly as they come," Kujo-sensei said with a sweat dropping. Coach Orhime and Miura agreed.

"I am glad we got a libero this year. I was worried we won't get one." Orhime agreed with Miura and responded, "I have a feeling she will become an incredible asset to our team."

"She is the only one that is a libero auditioning," Kujo responded. Orhime laughed, "That's not what I mean. I mean mentally."

"Really, Coach Orhime? Unlike me, she's super quiet. I sometimes forget she's on the court." Miura says that and they continue watch the players rally. Miura continues to observe [F/n] and notices she's very social awkward girl. She doesn't show much emotion in her voice or face, but she puts in the effort to encourage members. It just doesn't show in her facial or vocal expressions, but in the care she puts in to connect on the court.

~ ♪ ~

Tryouts ended and the Captain called out who made it to the team. One by one the names were called out and step forward.

"Fuyumi Juri."

"Minato Rika."

"Chiba Mion."

"Takamina Seiya."

"Harune Sophie."

"Mori [F/n],"

Captain Takao smiled, "Congratulations, welcome to the team. Thank for those who tried out."

The girls that didn't make it complained or whining saying it was unfair. [F/n]'s head began to hurt again. Those who made it to the team, were told stay back to receive their jerseys and practice clothes.

Coach Orhime spoke, "I'd like to say one more time congratulations on making it to the team. How 'bout we have the first-year introduced themselves? Positions and previous schools."

This made [F/n] slightly uncomfortable, but was not noticeable under her expressionless face. Each one introduced themselves and bowed after introductions.

"Fuyumi Juri from Nezumi (ねずみ/mouse) Junior High! I played setter! Thank you for having me!"

"Minato Rika also from Nezumi Junior High! I played wing spiker. Thank you for having me!"

"Chiba Mion from Yagi (やぎ/goat) Junior High! I played middle blocker and opposite hitter. Thank you for having me!"

"Takamina Seiya from Risu (りす/squirrel) Junior High! I played pinch server and setter. Thank you for having me!"

"Harune Sophie from Ari (蟻/ant) Junior High! I played middle blocker and opposite hitter! Thank you for having me!"

"Mori [F/n]. Um... I never went to school, but I play libero. Umm... I'll all my experience from the rec. gym... I'll do my very best to support the team to. Um... Thank you for having me!"

The first statement made everyone confused and Miura asked "You never went to school? Could you elaborate?"

"Ah... I come a very low income home. So I never had the money to go to school till now... I somehow got accepted via scholarship..." [F/n] responded slowly bringing the volume of voice down.

"You got in via scholarship, but how did you apply if you never went to school?" Otake asked.

"I took the entrance exam and got high marks on them."

"Wait your name is Mori [F/n], right?" The libero nodded to the question. All the first-years gasped.

"You're rank first in the entrance exams?!"

"Now way!"

"Your her?!"

"Everyone quiet down," everyone quiets down return their attention back to the front, "Now that we finished introductions. We would like to welcome you all to Itachiyama girls' volleyball club! Congratulations!" Coach Orihime concluded the introductions and all the first-years said thank you.

The returned the baton to the captain, "Our goal as a team it win nationals. First-years sound off your goals."

"Win Nationals!" All the first years stepped forward, but [F/n] as she was thinking to herself momentarily. If I'm correct, Nationals is a nationwide tournament between schools to see who is number one...

"Mori."

"I'm sorry. It might be simple, but I want to face all sorts of players, especially strong ones."

"I think that's not a bad goal at all. Club hours are over so you all can go home now." Captain Takao closed the end of practice and everyone helped clean up.

Clean up was over and [F/n] took her belongings and volleyball leaving school grounds first. Everyone else was hanging around exchanging numbers.

~ ♪ ~

[F/n] made it home safely after a two hour walk. She washed up at the river and sat herself in her makeshift gazebo home. She finished up her homework under moonlight and relaxed looking at the view in front of her after finishing. The city and forest meshed together like a puzzle with a light breeze calming her down.

She took out her jersey and looked up to the moon. I'm part of a team now... thank you... I'll cherish you forever...

~ ♪ ~

The next day went like yesterday; minusing the meeting of Sakusa and Komori. Lunch was taro filled breads and strawberry milk. It was pretty normal for her second day of school.

Practice came and Captain Takao opened the club. The girls changed and got ready for practice. This time it was a practice match between the seniors and juniors. [F/n] was placed with the third-years and the second years with the other first years. They began their warm-ups before their practice game. [F/n] hands her lucky charm volleyball to Miura and follows suit with the other members.