4. A New Good Luck Charm

「Image of Vabo-chan.」

『3rd POV』

[F/n], Komori and Sakusa walked under the lights of the street lamp as Komori was leading the group to a shopping district where his favorite dorayakis (red-bean paste & castella pancake sandwich confectionery) were. [F/n] was keeping a subtle distance as she was still sweaty from their game.

"Komori-senpai, do you know Makino-senpai? You seem very friendly with each other," [F/n] asked.

"I knew Kino-chan since middle school. Sakusa has known her since elementary school."

"Hmm... That's quite long."

"To be honest I knew them since elementary school. We went to the same school. Especially Sakusa, we are cousins. I never personally talked to them till I introduced them to volleyball."

"Even so that is quite long."

"I guess so," Komori said, "By the way how are your arms after receiving Sakusa's spikes."

"They are fine. Nothing out of the usual." She said showing one of her arms. In contrast to her comment, her arms were speckled in purple and blue.

"Yikes. Sakusa, you did a number on Mori-san." Sakusa looked over and was surprised how much power he spiked at her.

"Sorry, Mori."

"It's okay, Sakusa-senpai. It nothing unusual. It only happens if I'm up against males. I'm use to it." [F/n] responded reassuring the duo.

"I've been meaning to ask, but why do you have volleyball? If I'm correct that style isn't used tournaments or practice anymore," Komori asked pointing to her ball. Sakusa was also curious.

"It's a good luck charm. It's my first volleyball so I like having it with me. However, I need to find a supplement for it. I can't bring it to games or tournaments," She said.

"That's cool. I'm sure you'll find something."

"Thank you, Komori-senpai."

"We're here," Komori announced. They arrived at a shopping district called Hanabi Street. It was lively and festival like. Each store was serving something unique catching everyone's eye.

"It's very lively here," [F/n] stated looking around.

"The dorayaki shop is over there. Come on." They followed Komori through a lightly pack street to the shop.

"Do you want to go in? They have a window area to see how it's made," Komori asked and the little libero agreed. Two walked in leaving Sakusa to stay outside. He said he wanted to go look at the umeboshi (pickled plums).

Sakusa went to the stall to look. He then spotted a shop next to the umeboshi stall. It was a custom keychain and accessories shop. The ace went in began disinfecting and picking out charms.

After finishing, it was wrapped in a paper bag and he went back to the dorayaki shop waiting for the liberos. They came out while eating the confectionery

"Where's your umeboshi?" Komori asked. Sakusa showed a gift to [F/n] ignoring his cousin's question. She quickly ate her dorayaki and placed her ball between her feet. Sakusa gave her hand sanitizer before giving it to her.

"Can I open it?" Sakusa nodded giving the okay. She opened and pullout the keychain. It was a brass screw linked keychain with various different charms on it. It had a cute volleyball character plushie, a weasel plushie, a plated name tag with her name engraved and the school's symbol on the keychain.

"Whoa. That's cool. Why didn't you get me something this cool for Christmas or my birthday?" Komori asked. Sakusa only turned away and said, "Sorry."