5. Itachiyama vs Fukurodani (Boys' Volleyball)

『3rd POV』

It was one of their lunch days in the library. Sakusa, Komori and [F/n] were at there usual table. The boys eating lunch avoiding Sakusa's fangirls and [F/n] was reading a book after finishing hers. This time it was The Housekeeper and the Professor by Ogawa Yōko.

"Hey, Mori-san," Komori said.

"What is it?" She looked up from her book toward Komori.

"Today, we have a practice match with Fukurōdani Academy. Do you want to come?"

"Fukurōdani...Academy?" [F/n] tilted her head in curiosity.

"One of the powerhouses in Tokyo. They have an ace who is one of the top 5 spikers in the nation."

"Heh... Sure. Today, we don't have practice because both of the coaches are out due to personal reasons. Today is more of a personal practice day."

"Then it's settled. You better come early unlike last time."

She replied blankly, "Okay. I'll come straight after the last bell."

"By the way I never see you walking to your class. You always head to the teachers' floor," Sakusa said with Komori chiming in, "Ah your right."

"I'm on supplementary classes. I never went to middle school or elementary school so it's gauge my IQ level. After Golden Week, I'll be placed in a class."

"Really?" Komori exclaimed.

"That's why I never heard of you," Sakusa said.

"Hang on didn't you rank number 1 on the entrance exam?" Komori asked and [F/n] nods confirming the information.

Despite not going to school, she's very book smart, Sakusa thought.

~ ♪ ~

It was the end of the day, [F/n] immediately made it to the boys' VBC gym as promised. She was still in her school uniform while she was waiting by the door. Sakusa came a little later after changing and waited next to her.

"Mori-chan," [F/n] looked up to see Captain Iizuna, "Are you coming to watch our practice match, today?"

"Yes, Sakusa-senpai and Komori-senpai invited me. Is it okay?"

"Of course. We usually close of the doors because Sakusa gets annoyed with the fangirls." Sakusa turns dark and mumbling along the lines of germs and evil.

"I see," Iizuna opens the door and asks [F/n] to help set up the gym with him and Sakusa. While they were setting up the rest of the boys came in along with the coach to help out.

[F/n] watches them practice and warm up. Sometimes she would refilled their drinks and hand them clean towels. Except for Sakusa, he would do it on his own to avoid other people's germs.

"Hey, hey, hey!" They look to doors and see the Fukurōdani team. "Thank you for having us!"

"Boys clean up and get ready!"

"Everyone line up!" The Itachiyama team lined up along with Fukurōdani team in front of each other. They wished each other a good a game and got ready.

While the home team got changed into uniform. The Fukurōdani team warmed up. One of spikers caught [F/n]'s eyes as she watched them. I've never seen a cut spike so clean.

"Fukurōdani's #4 spike is amazing," [F/n] was impressed with owl's skill, "I never seen such sharp cut shot."

"Right! As expected as Fukurōdani's Ace and Captain." Komori said standing next [F/n], who was sitting on the bench.