3. Practice Match with the Boys

『3rd POV』

Volleyball practice came. Before warming up, everyone was told to gather around to listen to Coach Orihime, "This Friday we will have a practice game with the boys' volleyball team. That day I won't be there due to having my final ultrasound. I'll be counting on you to do a good job and represent our team well. Before you go practice, I'll reveal the starting members for the practice game. Takao, Juumonji, Otake, Kido, Imai, Makino and Mori. I'll leave the rotation formations to Takao and Miura. Now get practicing."

"Yes, Coach." [F/n] hands her ball to Miura again only to see Juumonji with very scary face of a dragon along the other third and second years. Everyone's eyes were burning with some form of anger. This made the first years, except the libero, lean back from the heat in fear. [F/n] quietly asked, "Ano... Miura-senpai are they ok?"

"They are fine... I think. Last time we had a practice game with them, we lost and Sakusa-kun kept 'taunting' us. Of course we know he doesn't mean it, but it still got under everyone's skin. Which is why they are like that."

"I see."

"Oi Little Fairy! Come over here and receive my spikes!First-year middle blocker you come and jump some blocks, too!" Juumonji yelled at her and the others to come over, "I'm going to show that arrogant brat who's number one ace! Kaori gives me some tosses!"

[F/n] made her way to where Juumonji and Imai are and commented, "Juumonji-senpai is pretty intense."

"Yeah. She's mad that Sakusa is ranked higher as a spiker and that he beat her last time," the setter replied while stretching. Chiba and Harune followed to warm up as well.

"Ranked?" The libero asked while stretching.

"Haru is ranked as the 3rd best spiker in the nation among the girls. Sakusa is ranked number 1 in the nation among the boys."

[F/n] hummed impressed but her face was still blank expressionless, "I didn't know Sakusa-senpai was that good." Imai agreed with the libero until the ace butted in to hurry up and to help her practice.

Toss after toss [F/n] was able to receive a good portion of Juumonji's spike. The two middle blockers did their best to tighten up course so it was easier for [F/n] to receive. They either went to the other side of court or to the middle of her side when received them. Other times they would be heavy and would spin out of bounds or a wipe out. During break [F/n] asked about Interhigh, "Imai-senpai, what day does Inter-High start?"

"Inter-High Prelims doesn't start till June 10th, 17th and 24th. Last year, we made it to the top 8 so we are seeded. We don't play till the third round on the 17th, however, we will be observing teams on the first day," Imai informed.

"Thank you, Imai-senpai." [F/n] took a swig of water and went back to the court to practice.

~ ♪ ~

Practice ended around 6 pm. She did her usual home routine and next day came. This repeated for the following day. Sakusa and Komori came to the library again to have lunch with [F/n]. They secretly snuck in their lunches like [F/n] to eat after Sakusa disinfects the table.

During lunch hour, [F/n] asked, "Why did you guys decide to eating in the library? Wouldn't most people go in the cafeteria or in the classroom?"

"It's because of Sakusa. He has a pretty big fan base and they would try to give him gifts or confessions during this hour. We came here to avoid everyone."

[F/n] hummed in response and ate the last of her kombu (seaweed) onigiri. It makes sense since he is the number one spiker and pretty handsome.