8. Golden Week: Day 1

『3rd POV』

Golden week has arrived. All permissions slips were handed in. The boys' team also had Golden Week practice as well. They were all staying the training dorms provided by the school. Each team was provided a room, bathrooms and shared a dining hall. The room they were sleeping in was fairly big and was enough to fit both of VBCs in one room. The first floor was the dining hall area. The girls were assigned on the second floor. The boys on the third floor. Training started right after classes ended.

"Yahoo! Training camp!" Jummonji yelled skipping her way to the gym. The upperclassmen of the girls' VBC followed the excited ace.

"It's going to a fun and tiring couple of days," Kido said walking along side with their jumpy ace. Everyone nods in agreement.

"Hey, everyone!" The third-years greeted the first-years who are setting up the gym.

"Hello/hey!"

"Today, we will start with receiving practices. Once you received 5 balls on to the next person. We will do this twice," Kujo-sensed said. Everyone got in position. Kujo-sensei was on the chair spiking the balls to the team with Coach Orihime passing the balls to him. Miura was keeping track how many it took for everyone get five receives.

"Nice receive!"

"Nice receive!"

After receive practice, they moved to two laps of diving receives and spike practice. The spikers line up behind the setters. [F/n] was on the other side to receive the spikes. This went on for three rotations.

"Nice kill!"

Bam!

"Nice kill!"

Bam!

Makino was the last to spike. Instead of spiking, she hit a feint. The libero noticed this and immediately goes in to save it. She was able to get it up with a pancake (technique to slide your hand under the ball to prevent it from touching floor and keeping it up).

So fast! or How fast is her reaction time?! were streaming in everyone's mind.

"Makino! This is spike practice not feint practice," Coach Orihime called out.

"Sorry, Coach! I won't do it again!" She said giving a playful smile.

Some were not mad. Some scolded her. [F/n] wasn't even mad behind her calm face. To her it was good practice to encounter a variety of attacks than only one kind. They were then called to run.

"Nice feint, Shiori-san," the libero complimented as she changed to her outdoor shoes.

"Thanks, but sorry for the surprise attack. Especially during spike practice. I was really engrossed to get a point from you," Makino said apologizing with a hand raised up.

"It's fine. The more variety, the more experience. I'm all for it. I'll head out first," she left the middle blocker to follow the captain, who was waiting for the team. Makino watched the emotionless libero leave toward the captain as she holds her fist tightly by her side.

~ ♪ ~

Day 1 of practice ended and it was dinner time. Miura, Kujo-sensei and the boys' VBC assistant coach made dinner for everyone. [F/n] was seated in between Sakusa and Komori with Makino and Goda infront of them. Today's dinner was hayashi rice with chicken kaarage and a salad.

[F/n] ate slowly as they conversed freely. She was slightly uncomfortable sitting in between Komori and Sakusa, but she kept quiet about it as she chewed.