The M̶i̶g̶h̶t̶y̶ ̶ Puissant Hood

It was the next week Hood had been out cold for the whole week it was after mid day and she finally woke up in Moced's medical bay.

Hood: Huh where am I?

Hood moved her head around the room filled with high tech medical equipment Moced then entered the room after waking up.

Moced: Oh morning Hood

Hood: Moced....where am I?

Moced: My medical bay you were out for a whole week

Hood: Where is Wales?

Moced: She's still in medical care as well

Hood attempted to get up from her bed but struggled a bit with Moced coming to her aid.

Moced: Easy..there

As the two walked on to Moced's bridge as Hood saw her ship being rebuilt.

Hood: Um what have you been doing while i was out.....?

Moced: Just doing some modifications

Hood: What modifications...?

Moced: While you were out i taught it was time for a little refit so i took some old parts out and added what the Royal Navy had that was new 

Hood: Being...?

Moced: New internal machinery and improved subdivision. It was desirable to upgrade and relocate engines and boilers. Alternatively, at a minimum the boilers would be replaced.

Rearranged/remodelled torpedo bulges and side armour. The side bulges have been extended to the top of the 7" armour belt rather than to the top of the 12" belt.

Improved deck armour/protection over vital areas.

Removal of armoured conning tower and the 5" side armour.

New superstructure and masts fore and aft. Most notably, the forward superstructure would have been a "block" type similar to that of the King George Vs.

New funnels. These would have been something similar to those on Renown as KGV funnels would have been too small.

Addition of a catapult, dual hangars and Walrus seaplanes. 

Improved antiaircraft (AAA) protection. This would include the removal of all existing weaponry and replacement with a total of 6 Mark M eight-barreled pom poms and lastly, the addition of either 12-16 x 5.25" guns (same type as KGV). Of course, the ship would likely have also received updated 0.5" machine guns and multiple 40mm mounts. 

Upgraded fire control. She would have received updated radar, fire control tables, comms, directors, etc.

Extended forecastle deck. Hood's stern was notoriously wet due to her overweight condition. An extension was considered for the simple fact that it might help keep the quarterdeck a bit drier. The extension would retain the rough "V" shape but would instead, extend to "X" turret.

Hood: Huh....

Then Missouri came on to the bridge.

Missouri: Hey Moced...oh Hood your awake i was just finishing your new outfit since your 

Moced: Repairs are almost done you should be back in to work by this afternoon

Hood: Bismarck will pay...

Missouri: Want to put it on....?

A half an hour and a bath later.... Hood was wearing her new outfit.