Ch 10 - Hide 'n' Seek Pt. 2

~ Third Person ~

"How the hell did I get stuck with you?" Tsukino grumbled, more-so to herself, but Konya still heard her.

With a leap forwards, he matched her pace. "I can hear you ya know!" Green eyes met blue-purple and they glared at each other through the passing branches that whisked past their faces. "I really hate you."

"Feeling's mutual," Tsukino turned away from Konya just as she heard a twig a snap nearby. "Shh!" She ducked to the side with Konya following her lead.

Hiding in the bushes, they scanned the surrounding area. "Well shit. And I was going so well too!" A familiar voice spoke up before being hardly shushed. "Well sorry for stepping on a twig in a god damn forest!" Tsukino identified the voice as Yamada and she turned to Konya.

He nodded softly and they turned around to leave. As Tsukino stepped forwards, she felt a sudden uneasiness sweep over her. She froze, head slowly turning to the side. Eyes. A pair of eyes stared at her from a darker bush. Reaching out, she tapped Konya's arm, but he was already staring at the eyes as well.

"W-what do we do?" She whispered, nervous sweat dripping down her forehead as she tried not to blink. Konya couldn't answer as a figure shot out.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!"

Suga halted in her steps at the scream, grabbing onto Kano's arm. Yamaji paused as Kazato and Kabuto started to push them back. Yamada grabbed them and hurried them off.

"We are not going that way anymore," he said, somehow calm. "Any new ideas? I think we might need to split up. 'Cause I don't wanna end up like them."

Suga thought for a bit, dragging Kano along with her. "Split up, yeah. That sounds like the best idea right now. I'll go with Kano and Yamaji and we'll go left. You 3 can go right."

Kazato and Yamaji exchanged nods. "Alright. Try not to die."

"I can say the same to you," Kazato smiled as they split up into their groups. "Alright. Kabuto, keep a lookout to the right. Yamada, you scout left. I'll watch front and back."

Nodding, they stuck together, arms almost touching to keep track of each other as they watched for anything. "AHHH! SHIT!"

Kabuto fell down, tripping over a tower of stones. He face planted into the ground, busting his nose as he did so. The two beside him skidded to a halt and lifted him up, watching blood run down from his nose.

"What the hell. Are you alright man?" Yamada asked, scouting the surrounding area.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fin-" he never got to finish as a barrage of teens rained down on them, pinning them to the ground.

Hey ripped their tags off instantly, catching them all completely off guard. "Haha! We did it!" A cheerful Rai excitedly yelled, before being shushed by her group. "Oops, sorry."

"Sorry not sorry about this. But you guys fell directly into our trap. Guess you're gonna be doing drills soon, huh?" Shirai leaned down and waved the green tag in front of Kazato's face.

"Dammit!" The three started to grumbled as they were let up. They trudged away with scowls on their faces. "We won't forget this!"

"But you won't win next time either!" Machi replied, high fiving Haruno before they all turned to hide once more.