Chapter 3: The Surveyor

"Just come back with a great story, y'hear?" - Cayde-6, Hunter Vanguard

Rose/Xiao-Long Household

Years pass as Ruby is seen looking through a book in her room, with a pair of steampunk magnifying googles around her forehead.

Not much has changed for young Ruby when she was a simple eight year old girl

Not much has changed for young Ruby when she was a simple eight year old girl. Now eleven, she still wears her Ruby Red Cloak with a black dress. Except during her time in the forest she opted to wear black boots fitted for her as time went by.

As she looks through the book on her desk around her are tools a plenty, mostly hand held tools with a couple blueprints under everything.

*Beep! Beep!*

Next to her bed a distance away, the alarm clock beeps signifying that it was "3:30 pm" which was around the time where she would be meeting with her old friend. She puts away her reading material  with a smile and walks out of her room.

Passing her dad who was on the living room couch watching T.V. and reading through some papers. She tells him where she was going.

"Hey Dad! I'm going outside again!"

"Again?" Taiyang thinks before replying back. "Ok! Just be safe alright!" "I will!"
"That girl, always going outside, well at least she's doing something."

Taiyang says, going back to his papers he sees that he does have the qualifications to teach at a combat school.

Seeing that his daughter Yang wants to become a Huntress, and with Signal Academy coming to him about a job offer, Qrow being adamant about getting himself out of the house more, Taiyang doesn't see a reason on why he shouldn't.

"Ruby has said she wanted to be a Huntress too, maybe Qrow could personally teach her when she's ready." He thinks, suddenly Taiyang's mind shifts back to his daughter Ruby.

He had found it odd that at least once or twice a week she would go into the forest, when asked about it the same reply was the exact same.

"I'm meeting with my best friend!"

Honestly, it frightened him at first knowing that someone...or something was meeting with his young daughter, at first he was fine with it because Yang had told him it was an imaginary friend she made when he...emotionally shutdown.

Shaking his head and realizing he made a huge mistake leaving Yang and Ruby as they were back then, being saved by Qrow when danger arose. He was a terrible father then.

Sitting back down and trusting that Ruby's friend won't hurt her both physically and emotionally. He rather not bother her, "Maybe she'll grow out of it, I mean it's only a fake friend after all".

"Ok, so the book said that in everything there is a power source. Something to keep it running..." Ruby with her goggles on is looking around inside her friend, searching for her friends power source.