Side Story: April (Fools)

One day while Ruby worked on Surveyor's inner wiring within The House Rose Hanger, an idea popped into her head and she quickly pulled out her scroll.

"Is it even possible... it couldn't be that easy." Grabbing a random adapter from her desk she connected a few into her scroll until she found the one that fit perfectly.

"There, this should connect to him." Going back to the inside of her friend she had connected her scroll to his body. Since there was a central core connecter which housed his AI, she wanted to see if she could put him in her scroll.

After some time and effort, she found the right set of connectors and planned to plug in her scroll to it. "Here.. we... Go!"

BOOM

"AHHHH"

What she didn't account for was the purple explosion that would happen afterward, flying out of her tent she would land outside of it, black soot covered her face and clothes.

Since she had her goggles on her eyes were shielded from it, lifting it from her eyes, many could see how her face except the area around her eyes was covered.

Seeing the crowd of Fallen surround her she laughed, "Sorry! Something happened with Surveyor's Maintenance, nothing to worry about." Getting up from off the floor she started to smack some of the soot and dust off her dress.

Seeing a wet rag being offered to her she gladly took and wiped off the remaining soot off of her. "Thanks."

"No problem babe."

She stopped wiping her face and looked over to who just said the set of words that she believed she heard.

And next to her was Jaune Arc, except what he was wearing was something vastly different. Instead of the white and gold armor he normally wore. It was all colored black and red, Ruby Red if she was getting into specifics.

On his chest plate her symbol was clearly seen on it, as if he wore it like a badge of honor. Despite the colored armor the clothes underneath that he wore was the same as before. "Huh... What's uh... What's with the new look?"

"Huh?" He looked at her with a confused expression, looking down at himself and back at her he let her know his response. "I've always wore this. Well not always, just when we you know..." He looked away in embarrassment but he still had a smile. "Started dating."

Ruby's face was one with a small smile, she blink at him once, then twice, a third time before she said anything. "Huh?"

Ruby and Jaune were leaving the Hanger with Jaune behind her trying to explain what he could. "You know Emerald Forest, "You're not allowed to be a failure, but you're also not allowed to do this alone." Then you didn't let my hands go after that. Honestly you were pretty bold that day..."

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell, sorry Jaune." She said, walking away with him, worried about what exactly that explosion did to her.

"Hey are you sure your okay? That explosion didn't do anything to you did it?" Jaune asked, worried about her health and mind.

"Yes, I mean no, I mean..." Ruby was at a loss of words, "Where are our teams?" She finally asked him.

"Well it's almost lunch time so, they're probably heading to the cafeteria now."

"Perfect let's go my uh... my..." Ruby had no idea what to call him, especially when they're supposedly dating but she wanted to confirm with her teammates before anything else.