Chapter 13: Shifting Worlds

"I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid." - George R.R. Martin

-Beacon Academy, Dorm Room-

The day after initiation, it was a nice morning that day with clear sky's and good weather for the rest of the day.

While others go about their business in Vale in Beacon Academy the students in their dorm rooms ready up with their team for the new day of classes.

Which brings us to one Weiss Schnee sleeping soundly in her bed, pajamas still on and blankets that still cover her.

Now slowly waking up, her eyes fluttering and adjusting to the environment around her, she slowly makes out something in front of her.

A big round object, waking up a bit more she see it in all of its glory, a giant round metal big with one big glass eye looking at her.

"What in the-AHHHH?" She tries to say before a loud horn blares throughout the room, scaring Weiss to the floor.

Floating back a bit looking at Weiss, Surveyor calls out in delight.

"Good Morning, team RWBY!" Ruby yells out, cloak on, goggles on her head, and in her school uniform.

"What in the world is wrong with you?! Wh- Why is he in here?! How did he even get in here?!" Weiss angrily says to Ruby, still on the floor. "I thought you sent him back into the forest last night?!"

"Whaaat? As if! He just likes to patrol the area to keep me and my sister safe, he teleported through the window just this morning." Ruby explains. "Buuut now that you're awake, we can begin our first order of business."

"Excuse me?" Weiss asked now standing and brushing herself off.

"Decorating!" Yang says with a vast amount of different objects in both of her hands with Blake beside her, both in the Beacon standard uniform.

"What?!"

"We still have to unpack." Blake says holding up a suitcase, which opens up, spilling its contents. "Aaaand clean."

Weiss does not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby now with a whistle blow out of it at Weiss, knocking her down.

"Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission!" Ruby now in the middle of the dorm room raises her fist into the air. "Banzai!"

Blake and Yang both appear next to Ruby doing the same pose. "Banzai!" All three both turn at an angle, Weiss still on the ground.

Surveyor groans in delight.

As the four decorate their dorm room, with Yang setting up posters, Blake setting books in shelves, and Weiss putting up a painting, and Ruby cutting a curtain in half...which gets reattached giving Ruby a scolding.

Surveyor couldn't help but look out the small window from their room, as if getting a brief signal for a split second. He then received a single encrypted message.

Focusing on that one message he tries to find a location it could've came from using the local CCTS (The Cross Continental Transmit System).

...Nothing was found.

Looking through his systems to find such a way to trace the signal it was too late, the signal disappears as well as any hope of tracing it.

Surveyor hopes to ask Ruby later, as he finds the four talking about something called classes, and the four running out of the room.