Chapter 9: House's Dispute

"You face Fallen pirate scum." - Variks the Loyal

Ruby Rose, a 15 year old girl who wanted to be a Huntress ever since she was kid was finally given the chance she needed when the one and only Headmaster of Beacon Academy, Ozpin had offered her a place in his school.

Even though she got in two years early that didn't matter to young Ruby because she had a chance to make her dream a reality,

One where Remnant's best Huntress is herself...and her best friend/brother Surveyor. As Ruby looks out the window in the airship, her hood over her head and goggles on seeing Signal Academy in the distance, she can't help but feel annoyed.

Especially since the source of her ire was-

"Oh I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me!"

Currently hugging her to death.

"Please stop..."

Ruby says in obvious pain, Ruby finally gets a breath of air as an excitable Yang releases her.

"But I'm so proud of you!"

"Really, sis, it was nothing."

"What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon's going to think your the bee's knees!"

"But I don't want to be the bee's knees! Ok? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I...I just want to be a normal girl, with normal knees."

Going back to looking out the window does Yang give a small smile, to her it seems like something was bothering her sister, something she knew exactly what.

"Ruby, you know we'll get to see him again."

"But where could he be!? I told him when I got accepted to Beacon that he was coming with me!"

Yes, despite Ruby's wishes, Surveyor did in fact not join Ruby or Yang on their trip to Beacon, because this morning when they were leaving Surveyor was nowhere to be seen.

*Earlier that morning*

"Surveyor! Surveyor where are you?!"

As Ruby called out the the yard behind her house nothing moved nor did a Servitor make itself know.

Just yesterday she saw Surveyor and told him that tomorrow she was going to Beacon, although he didn't say anything he understood and was happy as well.

But when they went to bed he stayed outside watching and when they awoke he was gone and since they had a limited amount of time they had to leave without him.

Taiyang promised he would look for him while they were gone but there was only so much he could do.

"Oh come on Ruby what's with you? Aren't you excited?!"

"Of course I'm excited, I just...I got move ahead two years, Surveyor's gone and I just...I don't want people to think I'm special or anything..."

Although she swore to be better than who she was before when she was without Surveyor, she can't help but lose some courage. After all she was seen as different and "special" ever since she was young, whose to say that Beacon would be the same.

"But you are special." Yang says giving Ruby a side huge, moving Ruby's goggles to her forehead happy to see her eyes.

"The robbery was lead by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick. Who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa." The two sisters suddenly hear from a news report in the distance.