Ch. 24: No Rest for the Wicked

Chapter 24: No Rest for the Wicked

"There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither." - Alan Cohen

The Great Fallen Pilgrimage of Emerald Forest, a time of remembrance as this was the first trial of House Ruby, a group of Fallen Deserters who found their new Kell in the form of a superhuman girl named Ruby.

The one who protected them in their time of need and made a new House in honor of her. It was through her that she had gifted them a Servitor, but the second trial commence.

The repair of the Servitor, and should it be, shall they fully partake in Ether Commun-

BEEPBEEPBEEP BEEP!

Graagh?!?

Bang! Bonk! Crack! Booomph!

"...raghhh"

The Fallen Dreg groans as he fell from his bed onto the ground. Getting up and rubbing his four eyes he looks around himself and sees him surrounded by piles of metal scrap.

The only clearing that held him, his tools, potential Servitor parts. And the Servitor itself, repairs had been slow going but...The Dreg always found a way.

Seeing the time on its new Alarm Clock, (and if it got it's time right) it looked to be early morning. The Dreg being quick scurried over the piles of scrap, until finding a door.

Opening it and going through brought him to a sight the Dreg never thought he'd get use to. Tall buildings, a house area reminiscent of indestructible Castles from old human stories.

What the Dreg was seeing, was the backside of Beacon Academy, and the Dreg was hungry. Sniffing the Air, The Dreg crawls around towards Beacon Academy and find the place that his Kell told him to go to should he get hungry.

From crawling on the walls, the ground, the halls, The Dreg sniffed the air more and more looking for food, it thought to look and eat stuff from the metal containers of dirty stuff since occasionally there was something edible.

But the Kell yelled at The Dreg because of that and so he decided to scurry along. It would see and meet other humans, some disgusted at its appearance of a Fallen.

Others more scared of it. There was one curious person it encountered, a female from the looks of it but it smell was not a human. Maybe it was cause of the two big brown ears she had but it could be a lot of things when it came to humans.

Normally a person wouldn't have held such importance, that was until she held something that smelled heavenly in their hand, The Fallen Dreg thinks on it fondly.

A Velvet Scarlentina could be seen shaking against a wall, she was visibly frightened as she had no idea how to deal with a "Fallen" creature.

It slowly approached her, sniffing the air, the Fallen Dreg was curious.

"H-Hi! Is-is there anything I can help you? W-with?" The Dreg stopped and stared, when Velvet looked to where it was looking, she saw that it was staring at her chocolate candy bar.

"O-Oh! Here! Take it, I was trying to cut down on sweets anyway!" Velvet reaches her hand and arm out wanting the Dreg to take the Candy Bar from her.

And when it did, with a few sniffs it began enjoying its new favorite food. With the Fallen distracted Velvet rushed off in the direction that wasn't close to the Dreg.