Please Don't Leave Me ∞ Ben Brainard x Reader

⚠ Warning ⚠ really sad I came up with this idea when I was really depressed at 2 am.

You're on you way to Ben's, your boyfriend's, house. You see headlights coming straight at you. Before you even have time to react everything goes black.

You're parents are the first people called, your 15 year old little sister calls Ben and tells him what happened.

Once he gets to the hospital and gets his temperature taken, the whole covid procedure, he practically ran to your hospital room. They were only letting one visitor in the room at a time. Your mom was sitting in a chair next to the bed. You're barely conscious, hell you're barely alive.

Ben stands by the door. The door is about to leave the room, he walks to the door, "Sir only one visitor at a time and only family. What is your relation Y/n?"

"I'm their boyfriend." Ben responds. Tears that have build up in his eyes threaten to fall.

"Only family, I'm sorry."

You look over at door. "Ben." You mumble and try to reach for him.

"Please." Ben begs the doctor to let him in the room.

Your mom gets up and walks towards the door, "Please, let him in."

The doctor moved and walked out of the room. You're mom went over to your dad and sister.

Ben sits down in the chair that your mom previously was. He lightly grabs your hand, you hold it back with the little strength you have left. "Baby." He whispers, tears running down his face. "You're gonna be okay."

"No, I'm not." You whisper and give him a weak smile.

"Don't say that, you're strong, you'll make it through." His bottom lip quivers and his breath hitches.

"No, I won't, Benji. I can already feel myself dying."

"No, baby. Don't leave me. I don't know what to do without you."

"Keep making people laugh."

"I can try."

"Ben."

"Yes, Y/n."

"If you don't play 'It's Been A Long, Long Time' at my funeral, I'll come back to haunt you." You say with a weak laugh. "One more thing."

"What? Anything."

"Will you kiss me one last time."

Ben stands up and leans down to gently presses his lips to yours. He pulls away, more tears rolling down his face.

You smile up at him, "I love you 3000, Benjamin Brai-" Your eyes close as your voices fades before you can finish his last name.

The heart monitor stops. A flatline goes across the screen. Ben drops to his knees and rest his forehead on your hand. "Please, wake up, please let this be a nightmare."

An indistinct voice in the background say, "Ben. Benji, wake up." The voice starts to become more clear as the image of your death fades. "Ben." He recognizes this voice. It's his little cousin, Annie.

"Please leave me alone, Annie." He says with his face in his pillow.

"Please get up. You haven't gotten out of bed in three days. You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Please, eat something, Y/n would want you to."

"Fine, just give me a minute." He says.

Annie leaves the room. Ben sits up, more tears falling down his face. Your hoodie that you had left in his room last week is still laying at the foot of his bed. He grabs and holds it to his face, it still smells like you. He hugs the hoodie tighter before getting up to get something to eat, because he knows that you won't want him to starve himself.