Talk

Jungkook let out a quiet groan as he awoke and stretched out. His arms froze in the air as he realized he was alone on the bed. There was no traces that his hyungs had ever been near, except the baby blue blanket that was tangled around him.

A sad sort of whimper rolled past his lips instinctively upon the discovery that he had been left utterly alone. Jungkook's mind reeled at his own behavior.

What the hell?! I don't miss them! I don't... I don't even need them. I- I don't.

But his body ignored his inner battle as Jungkook found himself sitting up quickly. He began scanning the dark room to see if maybe, just maybe, one of his hyungs had stayed.

His arms found themselves wrapping around himself as his throat got that weird itchy feeling that only happened when he was crying or scared. But he wasn't crying.

Jungkook's eyes suddenly fell on the chair next to his desk. Another pair of eyes stared back. He yelped and burrowed under the fuzzy blanket, trying to hide himself from the figure wrapped in shadows. Footsteps thudded across the floor.

Jin Hyung! Joon hyung! Yoonie hyung! Hobi hyung! Min hyung! Tae hyung!

His mind yelled out for the dominants as that itchy feeling grew in his throat and seemed to block of his airways completely. He was gasping for air, the blanket now suffocating Jungkook as he gripped the bedding below him tight enough to turn his knuckles white.

P-please! Help me!

"Kookie! Beautiful, are you okay?!" Jimin's voice rang through the silent bedroom as he gripped the younger's shuddering shoulder through the blue fabric.

And just like that, all Jungkook's panic dissipated. He slowly poked his head out from beneath the blanket. His hair a wild, staticky mess. Though the fear was gone from his body, there was still so much swirling in his doe eyes.

Jimin had to suppress a small chuckle from escaping upon seeing the maknae's hair, which was sticking up in every direction. Looks like he was hit by lightning. But Jimin was especially glad that he held his laughter when he noticed the apprehension in Jungkook's eyes.

"M' okay, hyung." Jungkook's voice was nearly as quiet as a whisper, "I just got scare- I mean, it surprised me that you were here sitting in the dark." He was know sitting upright, the blanket still wrapped around his frame.

Jimin mentally cooed.

"Oh, I'm sorry I, uh... surprised you, Jungkookie." The younger nodded as the two fell into an awkward pause. Jimin cleared his throat, "Kookie. We, the guys and I, were wondering if we could have a little chat with you. Um, now-ish if you feel up to it?"

No. I'm still tired. I need to shower. My head hurts. I don't feel well.

Jungkook most definitely did not want to talk now-ish. In fact, he actually felt like talking never-ish. But he knew this was coming and it was better to just get it over with, rather than drawing out the pain.

"Yeah." Jimin's eyes found Jungkook's again. "I'm ready to talk, hyung."

Jimin gave a quick nod and what was probably supposed to be a reassuring smile as he left the room. But to Jungkook, it just looked like pity.

Jungkook groaned again as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood. He was physically worn out from the injury on his leg, the excessive sleep, and the constant crying. His leg felt like it was wrapped in stinging jellyfish, his back hurt, and his head was throbbing viciously.

Nevertheless, he managed to yank on a new set of grey joggers and a black tee before combing his fingers through his hair. He pulled the fuzzy blanket into his arms, it was one of his favorite comfort items, and something in the back of his mind was telling him was going to be needing it during the conversation.

Fighting through the pain to look presentable had been difficult. But forcing himself to walk out the door, into the room he knew his hyungs were waiting in, was nearly impossible. But he mustered up his courage; inhaled deeply, willing the nausea to dissipate; swore to himself that no matter the outcome, he would not shed any tears; then opened the door, already regretting everything as his eyes landed upon all the dominants seated in the living room.

Yoongi sat in one of the armchairs, while the rest of the members sat on the sofa. Except Taehyung, who was leaning against the wall near to the other armchair that had been left open for the youngest.

The maknae shuffled over to the chair, the blanket still bundled in his arms. Jungkook didn't dare meet anyone's eyes, he was sure he knew what emotions they held.

Definitely pity, perhaps sadness, potentially anger, and probably disgust. He didn't want the last time he looked into his hyungs faces for those to be the emotions that glared back at him.

In fact, if Jungkook had known that the others would discover his secret after only a year, he would've left the group on his own. It would've been easier to walk away with his hyung's respect...

But now I'll be walking away with nothing.

That scratchy feeling was erupting in his throat again, and this time Jungkook honestly didn't know if it was because he was scared or because he was about to cry.

Thankfully, he wasn't given the opportunity to break down into tears as Seokjin began speaking.

"Ok everyone, I'm not exactly sure how to start this conversation, but there's a lot we need to talk about... Does anyone want to start?" No one made any noise. After a minute Seokjin sighed, "Fine. I'll just delegate speakers. Jungkook, I think you need to start. Why did you hide your ranking from us?"

All eyes turned towards the submissive, their gazes softened at the sight. Jungkook was twisting the blanket between his hands. His eyes remained locked on his own feet.

"I... I, um-" That itchy sensation was really bad now, and it seemed as though one of the dominants noticed his discomfort. Taehyung walked out of the room. Jungkook really wanted to cry now.

But the dominant returned a moment later, a cup in his hand. He walked over to the armchair Jungkook fidgeted in. He held out one large hand. And although confused, Jungkook placed his shaking hand in Taehyung's. The elder carefully helped him up from his seat, handing him the cup softly. "Drink, baby."

Jungkook nodded quickly and brought the glass to his lips, his shoulders relaxed as the sweet banana milk soothed his aching throat. He lowered the glass, setting it on the loathed coffee table. He then noticed Taehyung had moved between him and the chair.

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook turned to the rest of the dominants. "I'm ready. I'll- I'll explain everything." A round of nods and small smiles, probably meant to be encouraging, came from his seated audience. But tremors still traversed Jungkook's body as he inhaled a big, quivering breath.

Large hands gently pulled the bunched blanket from Jungkook's tight fist. The sub panicked internally as his comfort item suddenly left him, but he calmed as the hands wrapped it around his body and pulled him down into the armchair.

Jungkook was now covered in the fuzzy blanket, looking like a swaddled baby, sitting atop Taehyung's lap. The dominant was soothingly running his hand through the others hair. "Go ahead. We're ready to listen." Jungkook could feel the vibrations of Taehyung's deep voice through his chest.

He wanted to hate being in the dominants arm. He wanted to hate it so much. It would make this so much easier.

"Okay. S-so if you're wondering why I hid my mark and lied about my ranking," Jungkook addressed all the dominants. He shifted uncomfortably, still sitting on Taehyung's lap, but pulling away from the hand in his hair and the one around his waist.

"It's because my rank is a mistake."