Frozen

It had been only two days since Jungkook had basically threatened all his hyungs to treat him like a dom or he would leave the group, and all the dominants were already at their wits end.

Before, when no one knew the maknae's true ranking and no one had ever smelt his sweet, intoxicating pheromones, it had been hard to suppress their instincts. All of them had felt the need to protect and baby Jungkook. Even Hoseok felt the pull to comfort the boy. At the time, they had assumed it was due to Jungkook being the baby of the group.

But it was now painfully obvious that their dongsaeng was in fact a submissive. A submissive who could fall right back into deep sub-heat if Yoongi reversed his command. And that made it near impossible to treat him like a proper dominant.

It had crossed Yoongi's mind. If we let him go back into sub-heat and help him through it, he would be bonded to us. We could finally treat him how he deserves. Plus, we need a submissive. It's been years and our inner doms might take over if we don't act soon. But Yoongi knew better than to just send Jungkook into that helpless state for their own benefit.

All the dominants yearned to bond with Jungkook, but the boy was making it so hard! He was not only refusing to let anyone help him with normal tasks, but he was also distancing himself from everyone.

Jimin had offered to help him with chores, but Jungkook had stared him down; asking if Jimin thought he wasn't strong enough to set the table on his own or fold laundry. The dominant had denied the accusations swiftly, trying to reason that he only wanted to help, before shuffling away as Jungkook continued to glare.

Yoongi had asked if the younger wanted to work on a song, using the new composing book Jungkook had gotten for his birthday. But the younger claimed to be working on a different project. Yoongi sat alone in his personal studio for hours, staring into space as discordant notes swelled in his mind.

Jin had tried cooking all of Jungkook's favorite meals, but he stated that he had already eaten at the studio. Not even lamb skewers could coax Jungkook into eating with the rest of the group. The dominant could do nothing but watch as Jungkook's arms and face hollowed slightly and his ribs began to protrude.

Namjoon was constantly asking if Jungkook needed a break, or if he was ok. The maknae would just nod stiffly and refuse to stop working. The leader blamed himself as he watched his team spiral into disunity.

Hoseok had tried to help Jungkook with the choreography of their newest song, but every time the elder moved to guide Jungkook's movements and limbs, the submissive would flinch away. Hoseok ended up calling the practice to an end as tears pooled in his own eyes, he couldn't even get near to the once-lively maknae without him jerking away as though Hoseok's hands were made of venom.

Taehyung, however, did exactly as Jungkook desired. He pushed the younger to do better faster. He no longer climbed into Jungkook's bed, pulling the submissive into his arms as he warded away the nightmares. Now, Jungkook writhed and whimpered alone, tangling himself in his sheets as Taehyung grit his teeth and forced himself to remain unmoving from his own mattress.

And Jungkook hated it.

He hated turning Jimin away with harsh words. He hated avoiding Yoongi. He hated ignoring his rumbling stomach as the smell of Jin's cooking invaded his nose. He hated lying to Namjoon as his body screamed for help. He hated making Hoseok cry as he forced himself away from the comforting touch. He hated that Taehyung was doing exactly as he asked.

I just want to go back to how it used to be.

Jungkook allowed his silent tears to soak his pillow nearly every night as he attempted to stop the shaking that wracked his body. The same nightmare that Taehyung used to wake Jungkook from before the faceless dominant could move any further than his chest, still plagued him.