Marking

Every person received their mark upon their twenty-second birthday. Not much was known about how or why the mark existed... but it did. The mark could almost be mistaken for a tattoo— the cleanest, most perfect tattoo one could ever imagine. And this mark could appear on any part of the body.

But there were only two possibilities for these marks: 3 black dots, evenly spaced in a straight line, or 4. That was the only physical difference.

One. Tiny. Black. Dot.

But that single dot identified the difference between dominants and submissives.

Submissives have been known to be looked down upon. Submissives have been classified as reproducers. Submissives have to obey. Submissives have 3 dots.

Dominants have the best jobs. Dominants have the most fame. Dominants have all the power. Dominants have submissives. Dominants have 4 dots.

Everyone knew being labeled a submissive could very well be the end of anyone's status, career, or (in some cases) freedoms. And it was this very worry that made Jeon Jungkook, twenty-two years old, toss and turn restlessly through the night before his twenty-third birthday as his body prepared for a rare occurrence.

It was the one-year anniversary of his marking. One whole year with no dominant, and his body was preparing to attract one. An occurrence that Jungkook knew nothing of, as no one had ever thought to teach the "dominant" how sub-heat works. But he was soon to learn...