Sisters United

"A-Amy!" Sophie grabbed the scroll and hugged it to her chest, allowing her eyes to pool with tears. "Oh thank goodness she's alive!"

"So you do know her..." Fitz said, mostly to tell himself that he was right.

"I..I have to see her! Lead me to the dungeon."

"Sophie, she could be dangerous,"

"She's my sister!"

"And a sister could be angry because she hasn't seen her sister in 14 years and might think that she abandoned her!"

Sophie's eyes widened. Her heart felt like it was being crushed.

When he saw her reaction, his eyes filled with sadness. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. But I just want you to be careful. Motives change in an instant and can lead people to the worst of the worst,"

Sophie placed her hand on his cheek and sighed. "I know that. But I believe my sister is good. I should only be scared by how mad she will be at me..."

He laughed. "Then if you really wish, I will escort you to the cell she is being held in,"

"This way, princess," a guard directed Sophie into a cell blocked off with bars and poles.

"Thank you," she nodded to him and slowly walked into the cell,"

It was rather large for a cell, maybe 30 feet by 25. There was a bedroll on the floor, not the most comfortable looking, but it served it purpose. The last note worthy detail was that it was well lit, a bright candle burned in the center of the room.

And in the corner was a girl with shoulder length brown hair. She held her knees to her chest and wore a simple dress, a dirty white one with a brown belt.

Sophie cleared her throat and the girl looked up. Her piercing green eyes knocked Sophie back a step.

"What do you want? Who are you?" Amy asked, and Sophie knew that it really was her.

"I made a promise to find my little sister 14 years ago, I just didn't realize she'd end up finding me," Sophie walked over and sat down one the ground in front of her.

"Sophie...?" Amy's voice hitched in her throat and got quiet.

"I'm so sorry.."

She was tackled with a hug, instantly wrapping her arms around her sister and squeezing her tight.

"Oh Amy, you've grown so much. Although, I only have a two year old you to compare it to.."

After a moment of silence, the situation sunk it. Amy pulled away and cowered in the corner. "How dare you talk about that so casually! Mom and dad are dead! You left me helpless!"

Sophie stood slowly. "I couldn't help it. I was a child too, I got scared. But I'm here now!"

"Yeah, after more than a decade," Amy scoffed.

"I've been through a lot since then, I thought you'd understand,"

"What could be more important than your sister?! You never even told me why you left! And then I say your name and I'm thrown in jail! What are you, a god?!"

"You're being irrational. Let's get you inside and into some better clothes and some nice food. I'll explain everything to you there,"

"Well she took that well," Fitz whispered to her.

Amy was busy fiddling with her new dress to pay much attention to them. It was a sleek black dress with a train. Her hair was braided and twisted to resemble a headband on her head.