Weapon of War

Quick reminder before this chapter starts, remember how I said that basically everything in this story is changed. This chapter I knew would be coming and I knew people would say that "Forkle said bLaH blah blah." Most of this story has been morphed to fit my vision.

Enjoy!

"Princess Foster," Emery bowed. "we are truly sorry to hear about recent events involving your disappearance."

"It's quite alright." Sophie smiled. "It doesn't bother me much. I'm just glad I'm still alive."

But deep down, Sophie was constantly holding back tears. She knew she had to put on a strong front, but it hurt her and she felt her mental state declining.

"We've selected easier ability training for until you recover. We didn't want to train you, but the prince insisted that you would disagree."

"He's right, I would." She chuckled.

"We've selected the following abilities for today. Empathy, Telepathy and froster. We figured that these wouldn't take a physical toll on you, at least very much, given you have been unconscious for weeks."

"Wait, weeks? It feels like it's been a few days at most. I was only conscious during the kidnapping three or four times.."

Oralie's hand rushed to her mouth as if she was going to vomit. "You were awake to endure that...?"

"Well I was awake when I met Fintan, when he burned me and I was awake for the questioning, obviously.."

The councils eyes widened. They nervously glanced at each other, all eventually looking at Emery for answers.

"Did I..say something?" Sophie asked after an eerie silence.

"Fintan used to be a fellow king and was welcomed to our council. But his goals became blurry and twisted. We feared his ability as a pyrokinetic was too much for this world." Emery spoke at last.

Oralie stepped forward, grabbing onto Kenrics arm for support. She looked like she was shivering. "Fintan was a great friend of ours, but he terrorized human citizens for fun and gave the Elven kind a bad reputation."

Kenric spoke, more confident in his voice than Oralie. "He grew angry when we confronted him about banning his ability, and he left us with these.."

All 12 of the councilors lifted their sleeves, moved a shirt collar or removed a shoe to show large hand shaped burns.

"He made sure very one of us was left with a permanent memory of him. He said it branded us as traitors."

Sophie rolled up her sleeves. Her arms were covered in marks, at least 12 on each arm. "He left me with the same thing.."

"Princess.." Bronte spoke. The sincerity in his voice shocked her. "no child should endure that. Not even us, not even me, an ancient king. I have seen war after war, received injury after injury. None could compare to what you've endured in this short while in the castle."

"It's alright." Sophie smiled. "I'd just like to train, in order to prevent this from ever happening again. We will defeat these villains"

Ability testing that day was interesting to say the least.

Oralie pulled Sophie aside, but all of the council still watched her, jotting down observations on notepads with feather pens.

She showed Sophie how she would use her empathy as if Sophie had had it. She told Sophie to place a hand on Oralie's shoulder and dig deep for any emotions she felt.