A Day Away

Okay! Quick note. a dutch and dutchess are the same thing as a queen and king.

I'm in the middle of writing this and I just realized that I've been saying, queen and king.

A dutch or dutchess is just another way of saying it- ya know what, you get it, let's just go.

"Hello, princess." Biana said.

"Your highness!" Sophie suddenly jolted up and curtsied.

"I can't stay too long, but I need to tell you something," She waited until Sophie met her eyes. "I know you don't love my brother, but at least try. He can change you in ways you've never imagined."

"I guess..."

"Well," Biana continued. "I'll also be at the palace. I can see to it we put your room close to mine so you feel more comfortable, if you wish. I must go now. Goodnight Princess."

The Ruewen family sat next to each other in the dining hall, eating dinner the day after the Vackers left.

Queen Edaline ran her fingers through her daughter's soft, long hair. "I know you're upset, but-."

Sophie stood up, pushing the chair back and slamming her hands on the table.

Her hair fell in her face. "How could I not be?! You knew I was going to be married off to some prince and didn't tell me!"

She ran towards the door.

"Sophie!" Grady yelled.

"No father!" She yelled back and spun around. "I was lied to when I thought I was human! I was lied to when I thought I had actual parents! I know I have you guys, but I was stolen and left for dead. And now this? I'm sick of being lied to!"

"No." Grady walked over to his daughter. "This is your duty. And you won't fail us."

Sophie's eyes watered as her brows furrowed.

"Ugh!" Sophie ripped her hands away and ran off to her room.

When she reached her room, she slammed the door tight.

Five minutes passed before someone began knocking loudly at her door.

She ignored it until it became too irritating.

When it persisted, she got onto her feet and pulled it open. "WHAT?!" She screamed.

Her eyes met with her cousins.

She apologized and blushed when Dex laughed.

"You seem upset," Dex said. "You okay?"

When Sophie first met him, she found out that Dex wanted nothing more than to be in the royal guard. Once he turned 18, he began training and became Sophie's personal guard.

"I'm fine." She sighed and leaned against the door. "But what are you doing here?"

Dex wasn't normally in sight. He lurked in the shadows most of the time.. So, it was strange that he was here.

"Well, you leave for Everglen tomorrow." He said, leading her into her room and sitting her on her bed. He sat on the floor in front of her. "I'm coming with you."

"You are?" Her eyes lit up.

"Of course I am. We're best friends. We do everything together."