A Promise

Before the chapter starts, I would like to apologize for not posting for a while. First I went on my break, said I was going on vacation, and have neglected updating.

I'm also currently reading the Percy Jackson series, so I've been a little distracted, as it is my first time. And it's really good so far.

Alright, let's get this done so I can read some more.

Enjoy!

"Sophie!" Fitz said as Sophie jolted up. "Your-!"

"I know," She said through gritted teeth. She pushed off the bed and walked into her bathroom.

But Fitz followed, reaching for Sophie. "Princess, I need to get you to Elwin."

She leaned against her sink, trying to catch her breath. "With all due respect, I can take care of myself."

Her words made him draw himself away.

"Well," He cleared his throat. "the maids will show you where my room is if you need me."

She said nothing as he walked away.

Sophie felt awful for rejecting his help, and she knew she thought about it a lot, but she didn't deserve or need his help.

"'Not Royal blood.'" She told herself as she walked to her closet.

"I told you not to put strain on your heart." Elwin lectured Sophie as he gave her elixirs to help ease the pain she felt. "This is your second time here today. What were you even doing?"

Sophie turned her head, ignoring  the question and glaring at some servants.

The staff were very invested in her relationship with the prince, waiting outside the door after Fitz left.

"Nothing," She blushed when the girls that escorted her giggled.

"Whatever you're not telling me," Elwin pointed to her chest. "Don't do him again."

Her head snapped to him. "What?"

"What?"

He smiled evilly.

"Doctor, he's a friend. I am only marrying him for title. Thank you, but I have to go."

He nodded, wishing her well as she walked out of his office.

She shut the doors before any servants could follow. "Damned maids."

"Never took you for the cursing type. Although, I feel the same way." A boy said, scaring her.

The princess turned to the right. "Ah, Prince Sencen, lovely seeing you again."

He smiled, staring at her. Saying nothing, Sophie became fidgety, clearing her throat. "Pardon?"

"Ah." He said, apologized. "Yes. You too. Now Princess, the last time I saw you, you wiped out 100 men."

He circled her, examining her.

"...That wasn't me,"

"No? My mistake dear. But riddle me this. Why did you pass out and scream?"

"How would you react when you see women and children run around, fearing for their lives?"

"Elaborate."

"I may not know the citizens, but they have shown me more kindness than at my home.  Ten fold. And we cannot process violence well."

"Very well. I trust you dear."

He kissed her hand, but Sophie was too tired to do anything. Much less think about the "dear" part.