19.

It was Saturday again and Oscar was excited, albeit anxious, to see Noah again.

Noah still hadn't mentioned the kiss, and every time Oscar got a text a small part of him worried that Noah had finally decided that it was too weird, and they shouldn't hang out anymore. But that, surprisingly, hadn't happened yet.

It was late afternoon and the party wasn't starting until later that night, so Oscar nearly dropped his phone onto his face when he was laying in bed and saw the text notification from Noah.

Noah: hey me and a couple guys are pregaming at ethan's house. you wanna come with?

He sat up, and a familiar feeling began to rise in Oscar's stomach. He typed out "I'm good, I'll just meet you at the party later" but hesitated, hovering his thumb over the send button.

He slowly backspaced and typed, "Yeah sure :)" hitting send before he had time to change his mind.

As soon as the message showed as delivered Oscar regretted his decision.

Oh my god I'm so fucking stupid.

Noah: Sick, u know the address?

Oscar: Yeah I got it

Noah: Cool see you in a bit

Oscar sat his phone down and sighed. So fucking stupid.

After collecting himself, Oscar walked down the stairs and stopped when he saw his mom and dad sitting together in the dining room, both surrounded by take-out boxes.

They hadn't seemed to notice his presence, so he cleared his throat and said, "Hey guys, I'm just going out for a bit. I'll be back later, okay?"

They both looked up at him, surprised. His dad was silent but his mom answered, "Okay honey, have fun."

"Uh huh," he mumbled.

Making his way out the front door he grabbed a jacket that hung by it, and wrapped it tightly around himself before stepping out into the cool evening air.

***

Soon enough Oscar found himself knocking on the front door of a white brick house. The door was opened by a tall, muscular guy wearing a letterman jacket. Oscar had seen him around school a few times but never learned his name.

"Hey..." Oscar began, but was cut off by the guy waving a hand in front of his face and saying, "Yeah, come on in," before walking away.

"Alright..."

Oscar stepped through the door, closing it behind him. He was met with a dimly lit living room and at least 15 people sitting on the two couches that lined the walls. Across the room was an open kitchen that had about 5 more people sitting and standing around the island, all talking and drinking.

The groups consisted mostly of other basketball players, many of them with girls attached to their side.

Hearing Oscar close the door, several heads turned to look at him, one of them being Noah, who was sitting in the middle of one of the couches, people lined up on either side of him. His head snapped in Oscar's direction and he said, "Hey! Oscar, about time!"

He looked to the kitchen island at one of the other boys who was also wearing a letterman and said, "Aye, Spencer, could you give him a beer?" gesturing to Oscar.

Oscar walked closer, stopping at the opposite end of the island, before the other boy opened the nearby fridge, and grabbed a beer, then sliding it across the island to him.