28.

Hours later, Noah was sat on one of the blue couches in the living room, while Oscar laid back so that his head rested on the other boy's lap. Noah's legs rested on the coffee table in front of them, which also had a now-empty Whataburger bag sitting on it.

Noah's fingers were entangled in Oscar's hair, and they sat watching a documentary about rock bands in the '70s. The narrator continuously spouted fact-after-fact in their monotone voice, and Noah soon became disinterested.

"Led Zeppelin were an English band formed in London in 1968. The group consisted of..."

Noah had stopped paying attention, and looked down lovingly at the boy on his lap, sweeping his fingers through his curly locks. This made Oscar look away from the screen and up at Noah. 

"Hey..." 

Noah leaned forward and kissed his lips. Oscar let out a small sigh as Noah's other hand found it's way under the hem of his shirt, and began exploring his soft skin. He opened his mouth slightly and the Noah's tongue slipped inside.

Oscar let out another small whimper, when suddenly he heard the jiggle of keys and a doorknob turning. Noah broke the kiss with a sigh and looked towards the front door just in time to see his parents, followed by his brother, walking in. 

Oscar immediately shot up off of Noah's lap and sat beside him, trying to look as casual as possible. 

"Hey guys..." Noah said, sounding slightly disappointed. 

Noah's mom Jessie began, "Hey, boys. You didn't tell us Oscar was coming over." 

Noah's eyes widened, "Oh, I didn't? Must've slipped my mind, sorry..." 

"...but that's fine with us! Right, Aaron?" Jessie continued, looking over at the man who had walked in with her. 

He was a tall man with a large build, and short blond hair, not unlike Noah's. He was dressed in a full police uniform, complete with a gun secured to his side in it's holster. 

The man walked over to the couch and stood in front of the boys, not answering Jessie's question. "You're Oscar?" He said, pointing at the small brunette boy.

Oscar, visibly nervous, choked out, "Yes... sir." 

After a moment of silence, Aaron chuckled, "Ha ha, sorry. I had to." A smile broke onto his face and he stuck out his hand for Oscar to shake. "Jess told me about you. I'm Aaron. Nice to finally meet you!"  

Oscar let out a nervous laugh and shook Aaron's hand. "Oh...ha ha." 

Noah broke in sarcastically, "Wow, Dad, that was so funny." 

"Son, you know I love scaring them. I just couldn't help myself," Aaron answered. 

The older boy that walked in behind Jessie and Aaron, Noah's brother, sat himself on the couch next to Oscar. 

"Yeah Dad, it was really funny when you scared off the first girl I ever brought home. That was hilarious," the boy joked. 

He then turned stuck out his hand to meet Oscar's, "Hey, I'm Nathan," he said. 

Oscar returned the handshake, "Hey. Oscar," he said, warmly. 

Jessie began again, "So Oscar, are you staying over tonight?"

Oscar was about to answer, but hesitated and looked at Noah. Noah took the opportunity to answer for him. "Yeah, he is. I mean, if that's okay?" 

"Of course that's fine, honey. Did you guys already eat or should I make dinner?"