17.

Later that night, Kim and and Oscar arrived at the movie theater. Damon was standing outside the building, harboring a lit cigarette between his fingers, waiting for them. He was wearing a black hoodie and khaki-colored jeans paired with some Air Force Ones. When he saw them approaching he threw his cigarette on the ground and stomped it out.

"Hey guys," he said. 

"Hey," Oscar and Kim replied. 

Kim took Damon's hand in hers and said, "Let's go," They began walking and Oscar followed close behind.

"You guys want anything to eat? I'm buying," said Damon.

They all got their snacks and made their way into the screening room. They took their seats near the back, since most of them were already full. It was opening night and almost the entire theater had sold out.

As Damon sat down he pulled the cliche move of putting his arm around Kim. She didn't object though, and snuggled right up to him.

The lights dimmed and movie started, so Oscar put on his 3D glasses and dug into his large bucket of popcorn.

~about 45 minutes later~

Oscar was all out of popcorn, and the movie had become unbearably boring. He turned towards Kim to say something about it, but she was preoccupied with her lips being attached to Damon's face. Oscar sighed and heaved himself out of his seat.

He walked into the lobby to replenish his popcorn, but a blond-haired boy across the room caught his eye. It was the Noah, standing behind the concession counter, wearing a form-fitting red vest.

Oscar thought about retreating back into the movie but it was too late, Noah had noticed him.

Oh shit, is he gonna mention what happened at the concert?

They locked eyes, and Oscar was greeted with a warm smile. He ambivalently walked over to the counter and said, "Hey, man."

"Hey," Noah said back.

Oscar continued, "I didn't know you work here."

"Yeah I usually work mornings. I guess it's pretty lucky you caught me," Noah said, with a slight smile.

"Ha ha, yeah. Lucky," Oscar echoed back.

There silently stared at each other for a second.

Noticing Oscar's empty bucket, Noah asked, "So, do you want some more popcorn?"

"Oh, yeah. Thanks," Oscar said, as Noah grabbed the bucket and took it over to the popcorn machine. A moment later Noah returned and said, "I was gonna text you. Sorry I didn't."

"It's fine, don't worry about it," shrugged Oscar.

"So, you all set?" Noah asked. "Yep," Oscar said hesitantly and turned to walk back to the movie.

"Uh Oscar?" He heard behind him.

"Yeah, Noah?"

"You forgot your popcorn."

"Oh," he said, and grabbed the popcorn before making his way back to his seat.

When he sat back down Damon and Kim were no longer swallowing each others faces, and the pace of the movie had picked up dramatically. Kim leaned over and whispered "Hey where'd you go?"

"Just to get more popcorn," he answered.

They watched the rest of the movie, and Kim and Damon has a seemingly wonderful time.

Kim and Damon dropped Oscar off at his house. He walked up to his room and immediately looked at his phone. He had a text.

From Noah.

Noah: hey

Oscar: hi

Noah: so I was thinking

Noah: I had a great time on friday

Noah: do you maybe want to hang out again sometime?

Oscar: yeah, sure

Noah: okay cool, my brother's band is playing a show next saturday

Noah: do you want to come?

Oscar: absolutely

Noah: cool, I'll send you the details later

Noah: goodnight

Oscar: alright thanks, night