6.Heart Monitor

A few days had now passed since the parent/teacher conference. Everyone in Beacon Hills really believed that the animal causing the attacks was now gone. However, I'm not so sure. Everything was strange. Nothing was known for sure in my head as thoughts would overcome me. I knew that things weren't normal again just yet. Anyway, enough about the inner suspicions in my mind. I was currently driving to school. Today I'd decided to just drive myself instead of going with Jackson as I got into the school I ran into Allison as I gave her a sympathetic look.

"Hey I'm really sorry about you getting grounded and all the parents kind of cornered me I had no choice" I explained to her.

Allison turned to look at me before answering, "Don't worry about it its my fault for skipping" She said with a reassuring smile. We walked down the steps and I noticed Scott walking up but then turning straight around when he seen Allison who had gone the other direction. I looked between the 2 puzzled before Allison interrupted. "You coming?"

"I'll catch you later Im gonna find Lydia" I said as I walked back to down the stairs and then I began to walk to Lydia's locker. Scott then walked along the hall looking stressed as Lydia shut her locker.

"Hey scott" Lydia said from a few metres away with a smile.

Scott instantly turned around and met eyes with me fire shouting, "Oh come on!" in frustration. I looked to him and gave him a small roll of my eyes as I shoved past him to get to Lydia. As we entered the classroom I noticed Scott apologising to Stiles while he asked about his dad. Yet Stiles simply ignored him.

"What if I told you I was trying to figure this whole thing out and I even went to Derek for help" I heard Scott tell Stiles which made Stiles actually reply.

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him... But obviously I'm not talking to you" Stiles told his bestfriend without even bothering to look back towards him. What did Scott need to go to Derek for help with? I wondered as I looked to the 2 boys but then the bell rung.

"What did he say?" Stiles said as he turned around. The boys curiosity tended to get the best of him.
———

"The what of who?" Lydia asked as she took the form out of her mouth. It was now lunchtime and Allison was telling us something for her history paper.

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen" Allison told her.
"A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764-1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it" Allison explained.

"Boring" Lydia said with a dull tone.

"Sorry Allison, I'm kinda with Lyds" I said with a soft voice as I took my water and had a drink.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan" The brunette added.

"Hmm" Lydia said looking to a corner. "Still boring" She concluded taking another bite of food.

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a species of hoofed predator,possible a mesonychid" Allison told us as she continued to read from the book.

"Slipping-into-a-coma bored" Lydia said. I gave her a small smile and light snap on the arm.

"C'mon Lyds just let her finish" I told her. Allison smiled gratefully to me.

"While others believed it was a powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man eating monster" She said with a little dramatic whisper at the end.

"Any if this have anything to do with your family?" The strawberry blonde girl asked.

I swallowed the food I had been chewing before admitting," Yeh this seems a little random"