11.Battlfield

"Then think about something Winston Churchill once said;If you're going through hell, keep going"

Ever since the incident of Matt drowning, we'd all grown distant. Trying to work through our own problems by ourselves. Scott was struggling to deal with his Mom knowing the truth, while Mellisa had trouble knowing it. Stiles was going to the guidance counsellor, Allison had been lost in the grief of her mother which resulted in her and Chris growing closer, Jackson wasn't the same and if I was honest, I wasn't sure if he ever would be and even though he now knew the truth of himself being the kanima he still refused to accept me as a vampire, Isaac was one of 'the three runaways', I was working through the events of Lydia's birthday party, still confused as ever, still wondering what, or who, I had seen that night I watched Matt drown. The face of the boys last moments underwater still vivid in my memory. The strangest thing is that Lydia might actually be the most normal of all right now. The only plus side was that Stiles' Dad got his title of being the sheriff back. I was back to staying at my parents, but refused to speak to them or remain in the same room as them.

I sat on my windowsill, looking out towards the dark sky that was filled with bright stars, I fiddled around with the necklace that my mother had given me as a child. Tracing my fingers over it ever so carefully. That was when I heard it, wolves. Howling in the night. If it wasn't for my enhanced hearing I probably wouldn't have heard, but I did. The thing was, there was more than one.

It wasn't Derek. It wasn't Scott. Not Isaac. Not Erica. Not Boyd.

I had no idea who it was.
———

The next day I parked outside Scott's house, I'd agreed to give him a ride to the clinic seeing as him and Stiles weren't talking too much either lately and figured I'd suffer the awkwardness instead.

"Thanks again for the ride" Scott said gratefully as he got in and shut the door.

"Anything to get out of the house of hell" I told him in a dull tone as I began driving.

"I'm sorry by the way"

"What for? Biting me which took a good three days to heal after a whole lot of weird hallucinations? Oh yeah cause that's all good" I retorted as I rolled my eyes.

"I really am, it was the full moon I swear" He protested.

"I'm perfectly aware it was the full moon McCall. That's the thing, I didn't see you biting anyone else, why me? Because we've had a lot of up and downs lately or what?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I don't know" Scott replied.

"Great, well you can get back to me when you do know" I shot back, the rest of the drive we sat in silence before we both got out and made our way into the clinic.