7. Restraint

Insane:In a state of mind which prevents normal perceptions of behaviour, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill

"She had gone insane"

That's what my family thought of me. They thought I was insane, they thought I was broken beyond repair. Maybe they were right, maybe I truly was damaged so much that even the idea of fixing me came across as mad. I couldn't blame them for thinking I was because deep down, I knew it was true. Every second that passed by on the antique clock was a small piece of my sanity being chipped away. All I could want was to be saved, but how would anybody know to? I was alone.

A buzzer sounded as the large metal door was opened. I remained sitting on the bed, my knees clutched to my chest as I kept my eyes fixed on the damaged grey painted wall in front of me. I didn't flinch, not even when they called my name. A firm hand gripped my arm as a gasp escaped my mouth. The man dragged me from the bed as I cried out for help. I had been in Eichen house for one night. One night. And I could feel myself getting worse. My body was thrown down the stairs as though it was so simple.

"Nice to see you again Miss Whittemore"

I glared up at the woman standing over me, her deep blue eyes danced like fireworks were being set off. Her smirk lacked the comfort which I needed more than anything.

"So, your parents tell me that you've been experiencing a couple of night terrors?" She asked. I remained silent, as my gaze moved to the floor. "They also informed me of the trauma you've experienced in the past two years. Maybe even caused by a hint of PTSD"

"A hint?" I asked through a weak whisper.

"Well, I happen to remember you spending a week of your summer here. After the incident at the lake. Your parents dragged you out of here because they thought it was for the best. They thought I was too hard on you. Well you haven't seen nothing yet" She said as the smirk disappeared. All of a sudden a needle was stabbed into my neck, the familiar burning sensation travelled through my veins. Vervain. My lips parted as I attempted to scream, but nothing came. A tear ran down my cheek as she laughed at my pain.

"STOP!" I yelled as I pulled the needle from my neck as fast as possible. I elbowed the face of the man as he fell back into a wall.

"Vampire" The lady muttered. "I figured"

"Yeah well you figured right" I hissed as I flung the needle at her, it landed in her cheek. Yet nothing happened, she simply picked it out of her cheek as though the sharp point had never even touched her, let alone gone 1cm into her face.

She then pulled a small pistol from the ground as she aimed it at me, her finger hovered over the trigger as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Do it. I dare you" I told her through gritted teeth.

She tilted her head slightly, "My pleasure" 

The trigger was pulled as a sharp pointed wooden bullet shot right at me as it landed in my thigh. I grunted in pain as I went to take the bullet out. But before I got the chance the gun shot another bullet at me. This time it landed right in my left arm. And then another in my right hand. Then another one shot as it went right into my neck. This one was different. Not only did it cause pain, but made my throat burn, it was laced with vervain. I began grasping for the bullets but each time I tried she would shoot another one. Screams left my dry, cracked lips as my body collapsed to the hard ground.

"You need help sweetheart" The lady whispered as she kneeled beside me, pushing a strand of hair out of my face. My hand shot upwards and circled her wrist. Pain hit me like a kick to the teeth as I slightly regretted my efforts.

"Don't call me that" I ordered.

"You know I'm right" She said as she kicked my arm off with the heel of her shoes before standing up and strutting away, stopping at the door as she turned back to face me.

"So what? I'm a crazy b*tch" I called out after her.
"Is that what you wanted to hear?" I asked.

She simply smirked before making her way up the stairs as my eyes fluttered shut.
———

I woke up to the sound of a door creaking open, I looked up as I weakly tried to steady myself. I was now lying in the rock solid bed.

"Phone call. You have 5 minutes" The man said sternly as I sat up.

"Who is it?" I asked through a croaky voice.

"Your brother" He told me.

The bullets had been taken out from my body. However, I still felt the painful burn of vervain in my system. I stood up as I grabbed the wall for support before stumbling towards the door as the man led me down the hall. I glanced around me at the other patients behind their own class enclosures. We were like zoo animals, except we weren't shown off to the world. Instead we were trapped in a mental institution while the world continued spinning. I froze in my tracks as I seen a young girl, she looked around 14 years old, she sat crossed legged on the floor. Her hair was a reddish-brown, she looked far to innocent for this hellhole. She looked up at me, sadness coating her deep brown eyes as I smiled weakly at her. I then continued walking behind the man as we reached the phone. He then handed it to me and left.

"Dani? You there?" It wasn't Jackson's voice I heard, it was Scott's.

"The one and only" I joked in a raspy voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked me with concern filling his voice.

"More or less" I stammered.

"We're gonna get you outta there" He told me sternly as a small smile crept over my lips.

There was a short moment of silence before I responded. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Jackson told Allison" He informed me.

"That would be after he filed for a restraining order against me and Scott" Stiles chinned in.

"Hey Stillinski" I added.

"Hey Dani"

"Take it things didn't go to plan at the sheriff station?" I asked.

"Not exactly" Scott said.

"Well what've I missed?" I asked as I clutched my stomach in pain.

"We got detention" Stiles told me through the phone.

"And that's different from every other day how?" I questioned.

"With Allison, Jackson, Matt and Erica" Scott added.

"And?"

"And Matt got paralysed, Erica got attacked. We're at Dereks place now with her" Scott informed me. "Jackson also wrote something on the board in detention"

"Stay out of my way or I'll kill you all" Stiles told me.

"Wait so if Erica was there does that mean Derek knows it's Jackson?"

"Yeah well Mr. Genius over here agreed to help Derek as part of his pack" Stiles informed me as my lips parted in surprise.

"What?" I asked loudly.

"I'm only helping him catch him. Not kill him, plus we're doing this my way" Scott told me.

"Still. You can't trust him Scott, look where's it's gotten you in the past" I said.

"I have no choice Dani" Scott told me.

"If my brother dies, that's on you McCall. And I won't be forgiving"

"Well that's comforting" Stiles said sarcastically. My gaze turned to the man who was walking towards me, he had a needle in his hand and a menacing look in his eyes.

"Please. Hurry" I whispered through the phone.

"What?" Scott questioned. But all I responded with was an agonising scream due to the vervain being injected.

Both boys began to panic on the other end of the phone as I winced in pain. "Dani? Dani! What's happening? Are you oka-" Bur they were cut off by the phone being slammed back down as the call ended.

All I could do now,
was hope that they could save me,
Not from Eichen house,
but from myself.

a/n: so this ones a bit shorter than the other chapters seeing as it's completely unscripted in the show as you can tell.