Chapter seventeen- ginger tea

Hey lol

The waves of the water were close to Dreams shoes but not close enough to touch him. It was dark out, probably because it was 2 am. The moons light lightened up the ocean perfectly. The sounded of the water rising and falling was soothing.

Dream sat there, leaning on his arms as he took in deep breaths. He watched the white foam of the water was closer to touching him. "Hey" George's voice came from behind him. George sat beside Dream, crossing his legs as he looked to the ocean.

"Hey" Dream sighed. "Are you ok?" George looked over to him, "I'm ok" Dream gave a soft smile. "You- you know I couldn't leave you, even if I really wanted to." Dream said, meeting his eyes with George's.

"Hm. That's sweet" George smirked as he looked back to the water. "I know you feel the same. We're inseparable. Everyone says it" Dream still had his eyes on George. Watching as the moons light reflected off of George's facial features like a highlighter.

"Clay, you don't think our relationship is kind of... unhealthy? Toxic, as one would say?" George admired the waves. "I think we're both unhappy and we take it out on each other. It's kind of sad that we're what you call inseparable." George continued.

"I think it's beautiful." Dream said with worry in his tone. "And why is that?" George asked. "Well... we stay together even if it seems like we shouldn't. That's not beautiful to you? It feels as if we were meant for each other. We just have to figure out how to be happy"

George looked down to his lap. "Hey, don't give up on us, please?" Dream turned more towards George. "I-I'm not giving up on us. I'm giving up on myself. I don't think I will ever be happy" George mumbled. His words were new to Dream.

"You will. We will. Alright? We'll be fine, just believe, ok?" Dream tried his hardest to comfort George but he was still confused about George's broken words. Had George been hiding those emotions?

George looked up to the sky as he took a deep breath, feeling Dreams eyes not leave him yet. "I just don't want to cope off of you anymore, I feel so bad that I see you as comfort and when you don't do something right I get mad or become very manipulative and I-I don't like when I am that way," George rambled in a soft voice.

"Aw, no George, you can use me as comfort. I see you as comfort as well, and I promise I can do better, just give me time," Dream forced a smile but his anxiety was building from every word George said.

"We cope off of each other. That's beautiful to you?" George looked at Dream. "Yes. Once we are happy and settled we won't have to do that." Dreams heart started to beat a bit quicker, note sure if what he was saying was right or not.

George looked down to the sand under him. "Please don't say these things, I'm getting nervous," Dream finally let out, "I'm not gonna leave you. I couldn't if I wanted to" George repeated Dreams words.

"But your not happy in our relationship?" Dream asked, George shook his head in response. Dream had no other option but to completely blame himself for it. He looked to the water and sat in silence beside George.

"And it's not your fault. I want to grow with you and fix us but I'm not confident in myself and I'm just worried you'll be happy and I'll be the only thing holding you down."

"You'll never hold me down. Your the only thing that has ever held me up" Dream smiled to himself as he went through all the times George had been there for him.

George had no response, letting Dream talk again. "I think we can better ourselves. Just imagine how happy you'll be when we have jobs and stuff. Maybe even a kid." Dream giggled as he said the last part, making George laugh as well.