Chapter eighteen- 3,000$

Dreams pov~

"Apologize?" I asked. "Yeah. I know you see me as like this horrible guy but there's an explanation for all of it. Vanessa and me know each other and she payed me to do all- most of the stuff I did." Mike explained. "Wait.. Vanessa? Your serious?" I was taken back a bit, how could he be working with Vanessa? I don't think she'd pay him to do the shit he did.

"Yes. Vanessa, your ex. She payed me 3,000$ to do what I did but I was thinking that maybe it would be right if I gave you the money instead." Mikes voice was deep, I haven't actually ever heard him talk. "That's.. that's nice of you. Wait, so you- I'm confused." I finally pulled into the driveway of my house but instead of getting out I stayed there, talking to the gross man on the phone.

"Me and Vanessa are friends. She wanted me to get George and you to stop talking." He explained. "But how is you harassing George gonna separate us?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well, I was supposed to get him to be more comfortable with me but I failed at that I guess." "Yeah you definitely did." I huffed. "Yeah. Well, I'm really sorry for everything that I've done, if you want to know more I really recommend you talk to Vanessa. She's the one behind all of this. I'll drop off the money today?" He suggested.

"Sure" I said before yawning. I didn't actually sleep last night. I went to Vanessas house, then Alex's house, then mine but I was just searching for jobs for hours. "Alright man. It'll be a check so I'll have it in an envelope."

I hung up and got my stuff to get out of the car, still debating on if I should believe him or not. Why would Vanessa do that? She's not like that. Or maybe she is? When I got in my house it was silent but felt better than the weather outside. It was still early so I'm guessing George is still asleep.

I made my way to the room finding myself correct. George was knocked out under the blankets. I smiled at the scene before letting myself plop into the bed. My tired eyes finally being able to close and eventually fall asleep. It's like 10 am so I'll be asleep for a while.

____

George's pov~

I woke up to my phone vibrating. Without reading the name I just answered, not even being able to open my eyes. "Hello?" I said as I tried adjusting my eyes to the light. "Hey! Wanna come over? I'm bored" it was Alex. "Right now?" "Yes! I wanna get drunk but like.. not alone, you know?" He giggled. "It's like, 11 am" I groaned. "It's 2 o'clock idiot, did you just wake up?" He asked. "Y-yeah"

"Wow, you have a fucked sleeping schedule. You should fix that" he suggested. "I'm fine with my sleeping schedule. You should fix your drinking problem. You want to get drunk at 2 in the afternoon?" I asked. "Yup." He said, sounding like he had a cocky smile. "I'll come over but I don't wanna drink, that's weird. I'll finish cleaning? There's some stuff we didn't get to yet" I offered.

"Oh yeah, I so regret throwing that shitty party. It was fun and all but I got punched in the face by one of my best friends and drunk girls threw up every where. And I didn't even get to hook up with anyone! That's crazy!" Alex yelled. "That's gross, shut up" I laughed. I put him on speaker as he continued to ramble and checked my notifications. Dream texted me a few hours ago that he got a job. He was at... work this morning?

I looked from my phone to Dream who looked passed out. He was facing me so I could see his dirty blonde and wavy hair in his face, freckles sprinkled across his nose and cheeks. I couldn't help but smile at him. "George?" Alex called. "Hey, yeah, sorry, what did you say?" "I said is Clay there" Alex asked.

"He's asleep, I don't think he's gonna wake up either. He- he went to work this morning. I don't understand how, we came home at like 3 in the morning. He would have told me he got an interview or something" I started to worry.