49 - Visit

I kicked off my shoes at the door and slowly made my way towards our room. As the days went on, the shop was getting busier and busier. Aside from the regular shop hours, inventory needed to be checked and new shipments put away. Not to mention any duties involving the Order of the Phoenix. Fred and George were responsible for checking in on some of our allies that lived in Diagon Alley. I offered to make something for dinner while they were down the street at Suparplum's Sweet Shop.

I sorted through my drawers until I found a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. Once I had exchanged my work clothes for those, I turned to head back into the kitchen when something caught my eye — a silver flash from underneath the bed. I crawled down on my hands and knees and pulled the item out. A big grin spread across my face when I realized what it was. My muggle radio from back home. I totally forgot that I had packed it. George must have stuck it under the bed, not knowing what it was. This'll make cooking a little more fun. Thank Godric I still have a few of my CDs. I'm not sure what kind of signal I would get in Diagon Alley.

I set the radio up on the kitchen counter and popped in one of the various CDs. Can't go wrong with Led Zeppelin. They're my favorite. I danced around the kitchen as I cooked, occasionally singing out a few of the lyrics I remembered. I decided to try out one of the new recipes Mrs. Weasley had taught me a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't quite as good at cooking with magic, but she was using her free time to teach me everything she knew.

I jumped at the sound of Fred's laughter. The boys both hung up their jackets and kicked off their shoes before having a seat at the table. "What the hell is that?" Fred nodded towards the source of the different music, plopping down a hefty bag of sweets for me on the table.

"It's a radio." I turned down the music slightly before setting three heaping plates on the table. "It's how Muggles listen to music."

"Wicked." Fred nodded, taking a bite out of his food and nodding along to 'Black Dog.'

"You have to bring that home soon." George grinned, stabbing a green bean with his fork. "Dad is going to love it. Especially if you bring along a few of those CDs."

"I definitely will. We were constantly listening to music when I was growing up. I can't think of a time when it wasn't on." My smile faded slightly but I covered it up by digging into my dinner. I couldn't help but wonder if my dad thought of me when he listened to his radio back home.

After we all ate, we stayed up for a few hours just listening to music together and talking. I laid my head back against the armrest of the couch while George pulled my legs onto his lap. Fred sat on the armchair across from us. This gives me a serious case of deja vu from all those nights in the Gryffindor common room. Back when things were simpler.

"So...Ronnies got a girlfriend." Fred announced with a smirk. "He OWLed me about it a couple days ago. Said he'd have more to say when we see him for Christmas."

"Him and Hermione finally figured out they're in love with each other." I giggled, exchanging a smile with George. He had noticed the energy between them too. We have a little bit of experience with best friend turned lovers.

"No, no, no." Fred shook his head, bursting our bubble a bit. "It's some girl named Lavender Brown."

"Lavender Brown?" George scrunched up his nose and looked to me for any clarity.

"Remember the girl who wouldn't stop talking in Study Hall?" I quirked a brow.

"Ahhh. The first time I found a use for Ton-Tongue Toffee." George nodded. "Nice girl. She wasn't even cross with us after...just sort of laughed it off..all blushy."

"Ron may want us to bring home a sampling for him. Apparently she can't keep her tongue to herself." Fred laughed, shaking his head. "I never thought I'd hear that complaint coming from a chap."