89 - Mistletoe

"I'm sorry darling but you know it'll be over soon." George looked up from where he was knelt down by my feet. He was helping me slip on my shoes—which I was not even going to attempt to do myself.

It's Christmas morning. Meaning I am almost a week past my due date—and it's driving me absolutely insane. I've tried all sorts of Muggle wives' tales about inducing labor with no luck. George of course was very willing to help with one particular method of inducing labor that involved the same act that got us into this.

"That's easy for you to say." I scoffed as he returned to his full height. "You get to walk around like nothing's changed."

He smiled down at me despite my sour expression. "Well at least we finally get to eat that ham you've been pining over. And Mum's Christmas pudding."

Today we're heading over to the Burrow like we normally would on Christmas. Though we had opted to sleep in our own home Christmas Eve, much to Molly's chagrin. I thought it might not be as easy to share the twin bed in George's room when I was this pregnant. I'm very much looking forward to the food but I pity all the people who have to be around me right now. I'll be the first to admit I've been a bit cranky...and saying a bit is being polite.

"Let's go. I'm starving." I walked back into the kitchen, sorting through the cupboard until I found the bottle I was looking for.

"Leah." George rolled his eyes and took it from me, holding it out of my reach. "You need to stop putting hot sauce on everything."

"Spicy foods can induce labor. So if I make everything I eat spicy, I'll have this baby out in no time." I grinned, reaching for the bottle once again but it was pulled away just before I could grab it.

"If you wanted me to help you induce labor again all you had to do was ask." He winked before setting the bottle on top of the fridge where I couldn't get to it.

I rolled my eyes and smacked him on the chest as he laughed. "Let's go. We're late every year."

We apparated to the Burrow, our senses instantly overwhelmed by loud chatter and the mouth watering smell of Molly Weasley's Christmas dinner. The house was nearly full as every Weasley and their significant other crowded into the sitting room. It's hard to imagine this family getting even bigger as the Weasley children begin to have children of their own. They'll have to build a bigger Burrow.

"Leah!" Hermione smiled and patted the spot beside her on the couch. "We missed you last night." Her hair was tamed and braided back into a plait that I'm sure Ginny had done. The last few Christmases we had spent together we always found ourselves in the youngest Weasley's bedroom having a laugh as we opened our stockings in the morning.

"I missed you girls too, but only George should have to suffer with me tossing and turning all night." I glanced across the room to my husband. Though he kept his attention on his conversation with his brothers, the hint of a smile that cracked let me know he had heard me. I don't think either of us got more than six hours of sleep.

"'Ave you two picked out any names?" Fleur handed me a mug of breakfast tea as she sat on my other side. Her hair was not plaited like the other two girls, instead it was carefully curled to match the Christmas dress she wore.

"No. Honestly we haven't thought much about it. We figure we'll know what feels right when we see them." I laughed lightly. I would like to say I was at least the slightest bit prepared, but every conversation about baby names usually ended up in both of us throwing out the worst names we could think of and some joke names. So we do have a long list of names we won't be naming the baby. "Ginny how has Quidditch been?" I smiled over at her, taking a sip of my drink. I needed a change in conversation, though I'm excited I feel like the baby is all anybody wants to talk about. Thankfully Ginny was always willing to talk about how great the Gryffindor team is this year, especially with her as their captain.