38 - Weasley is Our King

The one thing Umbridge hadn't taken from us was Quidditch, despite her numerous tries of counting it in her ban on student organizations. I snuggled into George's team jumper as we watched the team prepare for the first match of the year. It's yet another match against Slytherin. They tend to be the most interesting considering the rivalry the two have. George always ends up getting a few extra bruises from playing a little too rough...though part of me thinks he does it so I'll dote on him. I watched as the twin boys strode onto the field in front of a practically green, Ron. It looks like they'll be starting the game soon.

"I sure hope our friends can defeat those awful Slytherins. Though they shouldn't have a problem with the amount of Wrackspurts coming from their ears." Luna Lovegood came up to my left side, a large lion hat on her head. The Ravenclaw was a loyal member of Dumbledore's Army and a supportive friend. She smiled dreamily over the pitch as her lion hat let out an extremely realistic roar. Ginny muffled a laugh with one of her red and gold gloves and attempted to look extremely interested on where Madam Hooch was setting the box of balls in the center of the pitch.

"They sure could use it." Neville agreed with her. A blush spread across his cheeks when the blonde's hand brushed against his on the railing.

I nodded in agreement as George flew over, hovering in front of me and my friends. I nearly drooled at the way his jersey clung to his muscular figure but I couldn't give him the satisfaction of catching me staring. "Good luck." I grinned up at him, focusing my attention onto his honey brown eyes instead.

"You know I think I could use a little extra luck." He tapped a finger to his lips, a mischievous smile prominent. I rolled my eyes but stood on my tippy toes to connect our lips regardless, ignoring the groans of mock disgust from Ginny. George winked as he flew back to join his twin brother, who also pointed a finger down his throat and fake retched dramatically.

The Quaffle was thrown into the air and both teams quickly kicked off the ground. Ron took his place by the three goalposts, his hands nervously ringing around his broom handle. I could see Hermione watching him from the corner of my eye. My lips curled into a smile. When she noticed I had caught her staring at the youngest Weasley boy she blushed and diverted her attention back to where Angelina had taken possession of the Quaffle, zooming across the field.

"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is. I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me—" Lee's voice filled the air.

"JORDAN!" Professor McGonagall's voice could be heard in the background.

I couldn't help but laugh at his commentary. It may be my favorite part about Quidditch matches. 'Maybe my second favorite.' I thought as I watched George effortlessly bat a Bludger right towards Adrian Pucey, who had the biggest scowl on his face when he narrowly missed getting his skull crushed. Despite Adrian backing off over this past year, the two still despised each other.

The game was certainly interesting. Both teams were pretty evenly matched, and every player was giving it their all. I cheered along with my friends as Angelina got possession of the Quaffle once again, but it was unfortunately blocked by the Slytherin Keeper, Miles Bletchley. Just as the Quaffle was put back in play once again, singing erupted from the Slytherin stands.

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley will make sure we win
Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley is our King.

"Those assholes!" I scoffed, my blood boiling. Ron has already been feeling insecure about his position as Keeper and I'm sure this won't help. He doesn't quite have as thick of skin as the rest of his siblings.