28 - Moody

"C'mon Leah can't I just copy yours? We're in different classes." George huffed, childishly pushing his notebook away from him. I was sat crosslegged on my four poster as I scribbled down notes from my Transfigurations textbook. George on the other hand hasn't made a dent in his essay on love potions. Professor Snape usually has students research their varieties and their side effects, despite the potion being banned at Hogwarts. I think it's his way of ensuring they're not misused to manipulate others. He had let it slip to me that he believed Voldemort himself was conceived through coercion, and that's why he was so horrid.

I bit back a smile when I looked up to see a pout similar to the one he had given his mother when she took away his dessert as a child. "George that'd be a bit obvious wouldn't it? He helped me with mine just last week."

George threw back his head, his hands gripping the desk in front of him as he let out a dramatic groan. "He's old! He wouldn't be able to remember a single line."

"He is not!" I looked at him with amusement. "He's only a bit younger than your mum."

"I know but she—and don't tell her I said this—can't even remember which son I am." He tutted, a glint of mischief behind his brown eyes. I wordlessly stood from my bed and began gathering my books. "What are you up to?" He cocked a brow, his attention now fully on me.

"I'm going to the owlery right now to tell your poor mother what you just said." I struggled to keep down my laughter as he frantically pushed away his chair to grab me, leaping over my bed in the process.

I squealed as he scrambled behind me, his socks slipping on the cold hardwood floors of my dorm. His arms wrapped around my waist and I was instantly lifted into the air. I kicked through my laughter in a failed attempt to break free and he tossed me back onto my bed.

In an instant, we were wrestling together like we had when we were kids. He easily overpowered me just like he had always done. There was the occasional time he had allowed me to pin him down, but I have a hunch that he could have switched our position had he wanted to. I struggled to escape his grasp as his hands reached down to tickle the skin left exposed when my shirt had ridden up.

When we finally settled in each other's arms, my cheeks warmed as I gazed up at him. His usual teasing smile was spread across his face, causing his eyes to crinkle at the corners. His red hair hung down slightly, almost framing our faces in a moment that was all our own. My stomach flipped when he finally connected our lips. They were soft, moving against mine in perfect rhythm. I expected us to go through some sort of awkward phase, but everything felt so natural with him.

The only downside to our relationship was that we had yet to tell our friends...most importantly Fred. And the fear of them finding out in any way but from our own mouths plagued the back of my mind. George's lips trailed down my jawline, leaving light kisses in their wake.

"George I'm supposed to be helping you with your school work." I almost regretted my own logical words, wishing I could spend my entire day tucked away somewhere with him.

"I know..." He groaned, muffled by his lips against my neck. "But I can't focus when you help me."

"Well I'll need to find you another tutor." I teased but couldn't prevent the smile on my face as I gently pushed him off of me. "You know anyone could burst through that door."

"What would be so wrong with that?" He grinned, instantly pulling me in for one more kiss. "Embarrassed of me? Wouldn't want any of your other boy toys to find out about me, would you?"