45 - Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

"How did the two of you manage to make this place look so nice?" I whistled as I looked around, getting a 360 view of the place.

"Just a bit of elbow grease." George smiled proudly. His arm was wrapped firmly around me. I don't think he's let go of me since I entered the shop, he was so excited to show me what they had left Hogwarts for.

"And quite a few charms." Fred added, nodding towards a book on the counter called A Wizard's Guide to Interior Decorating. Though I wouldn't call the store properly decorated, I'm sure the two were able to find a few ways to use magic to paint the expansive shop. "Not all of the spells in there were useless." He shrugged.

The store was massive. Three stories high with plenty of shelving to display the merchandise. The boys had spent a lot of time painting and fixing up the place. It was perfect. Some shelves were painted a bright orange while the others were purple. The stairs were a dull red and their banisters were alternating red, orange, green, and purple. There are little details everywhere. Written on the stairs was 'More Magical Mayhem' with an arrow pointing up them. The whole place is as bright and fun as the twins' personalities.

"You've been hard at work." I trailed off as I climbed up a few stairs. "I'm glad to see your laziness only applied to school." I smirked down at the two.

Fred lifted a colorful box under his arm. "And all you did over the last few weeks was risk your life against a bunch of Death Eaters to help out our brother's friend." He stepped past me to carry the box to the second floor. "I was hoping you'd have a more eventful time."

I smiled and shook my head before looking down to where George was standing. He rolled his eyes at his brother and gave me my own box. "I think I'd prefer a little less eventfulness next time."

I ignored his comment and helped restock some of the items onto one of the circular displays. "You know I've watched you develop most of these products and I still want to spend an entire day playing with them all."

"What do you think we did for the first few days?" Fred laughed, tossing a firework into the air. It exploded with a loud pop. The air filled with a colorful burst of light that was surely seen from the other side of Diagon Alley. We spent the next hour or so setting up the last of the displays. Well, the actual displays only took us twenty minutes. But the boys showing me some of the toys they got in took a bit longer.

I sat cross legged on the floor next to George, playing with a Reusable Hangman. The figure climbed the stairs towards the Gallows with each letter missed. This one happened to feature a certain pink wearing, tea drinking witch. As you can guess, George wasn't particularly happy when Ron had told him she had slapped me hard enough to leave a mark...and I wasn't happy he chose to bring it up the minute we got back for dinner at the Burrow.

"Would you like to see the flat, darling?" George stood up and offered me his hand.

"Yes, sir." I giggled as he pulled me up off the floor.

"I could get used to hearing that." He winked, cheekily reaching down to pinch my bum.

Fred groaned loudly from behind us as we all climbed the stairs to the upstairs flat. "Don't forget you share this flat with your brother."

George opened the door, gesturing with a dramatic flourish to the place they now call home. The door opened into a large sitting room, the back corner of the room occupied by a kitchen. A few couches littered the sitting room, reminding me a little of the cozy environment fostered by the Burrow. There were three doors on the wall opposite of the entryway. Two of which I'm assuming lead to bedrooms while the middle houses the bathroom.

They gave me the very brief tour before the three of us gathered around in the kitchen to prepare something for dinner. Well, the boys gathered to watch me cook up something for dinner.