83 - The Reception

I pulled away from yet another kiss exchanged with my husband. I'll never get tired of hearing that. The wedding guests were gathered in the tent, awaiting our first entrance as a married couple.

"Merlin, I missed you so much." George smiled down at me as we rested our foreheads against each other's. "And you too, George Jr."

"We were apart for less than 24 hours." I teased as his hands ran over my bump. "And I already vetoed the name George Jr."

"So you admit it's a boy?" He jested back, raising his eyebrows triumphantly.

"No!" I laughed and lightly swatted him on the arm.

"Our first fight as husband and wife." George cooed, pulling me closer to him by the waist.

"The first fight of many if you keep going like this." I pulled him down to me, kissing him for probably the sixth time since we were wed less than ten minutes ago.

"Alright you two, break it up." Fred walked in from the tent with a grin. "It's time to kick off the fun part!"

He walked back inside the large tent, clearing his throat before holding his wand to his neck. His voice was amplified as he addressed the guests. "Hello everyone! Thank you all for coming to celebrate the marriage of two of my very best friends. Still not quite sure how Georgie got a girl that high out of his league but I am happy nonetheless." The crowd laughed loudly at Fred's joke. George scoffed to my right as I grinned up at him. "Without further ado, let's welcome for the first time as husband and wife...Mr. and Mrs. George Weasley!"

"There's our cue, Mrs. Weasley." George jested, intertwining our fingers as we finally stepped into the large tent. They had decorated it better than I could have dreamed. The centerpieces were such large arrangements of colorful flowers that I think I ought to have noticed a sizable chunk of flowers missing from the wildflower field. Muted streamers of every color were carefully strewn along the edges of the tent and guests filled every chair. I couldn't keep the huge smile off of my face the entire way to the dance floor. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Weasley is already crying again.

The crowd quieted down slightly as George and I turned to face each other. I instantly linked my fingers behind his neck. "I'm looking forward to hearing your selection." I teased as his hands found my waist.

"Oh I know for a fact you'll love it." He winked, his happy smile mirroring mine.

The minute the jazzy tune began to play my heart nearly melted. "Georgie."

I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
Is when the sun comes shining through
To make those rainbows in my mind
When I think of you sometime
And I wanna spend some time with you

No further words were exchanged as he spun me around. My heart had never felt so full in this moment, blinking away elated tears. The most beautiful laugh fell from his lips when I gestured for him to spin under my arm for a change, which he happily obliged despite having to crouch.

Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us

I kept my eyes fixated on him as we twirled around the dance floor. The room was quiet, everyone seemingly letting us enjoy what very well may be the most memorable moment of our wedding. George lifted me into the air, spinning me around a couple of times. Giggles erupted from me when my feet hit the ground once again, and I wasn't sure if my reeling head was from the dizziness or just from him.

The song came to an end, the music shifting to a much more lively tune. More and more couples began to filter onto the dance floor. George and I couldn't contain our laughter at the sight of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley goofily dancing around each other, something we rarely got to see. Their children had to get their fun-loving personalities from someone.