ハンター試験パート十七 | The Hunter Exam Part 17

"You've no need to worry, Gon has certainly passed. Nothing he says or does can change that now. As a matter of fact, he can even throw a fit and kill me where I stand, but we still wouldn't be able to revoke his license," Netero reassures.

"Yes, I see." Hanzo turns around, walking back to the area where the other applicants stand.

"So why? Why'd you let him win?" Killua asks.

"What did you say?" Hanzo replies.

"You didn't have to kill him. With your skills, you could have made him surrender, somehow."

"I expect when I torture someone, my victim will despise me for the rest of their life. It's more effective and less stressful. When you're in pain, your eyes show a gleam of hostility towards the person responsible. Even with the most extensive training and discipline, that sign of rage is difficult to suppress. But Gon's eyes had no such gleam. Can you believe that? I had just broken his arm, but I could tell just by looking into his eyes that he had already forgotten all about it. So I guess you could say the little guy won me over. If you need a reason why I let him win then you have it."

After that, the second match began.

"Round two, Hisoka versus Kurapika! Begin!" Masta announced.

The two fought for a while before Hisoka leaned in, whispering something into Kurapika's ear before he gave up, giving Kurapika the win. The third match was Hanzo versus (Y/N). (Y/N) was angry at the ninja, understandably so, as he had beat up her best friend pretty bad. The two stood, facing each other.

"Round three, Hanzo versus (Y/N)! Begin!"

With that, Hanzo shoots off, reappearing behind (Y/N), who, in turn, reappears behind Hanzo, kicking him in the back. He rolls forward, skidding to a stop face first. "That was a good hit, but you won't get another," says Hanzo. (Y/N)'s eyes narrow on the man before she releases a bit of nen. Hanzo drops to his knees, having felt a small bit of her power.

"...I concede..." He trails off.

The fourth match was between Hisoka and Bodoro. It was pretty one sided, with Bodoro refusing to give in. However, while he lay on the floor, gasping for breath, Hisoka whispers something in his ear, effectively getting Bodoro to surrender. The fifth match was Killua versus Pokkle, to which Killua walks away, claiming he wasn't interested in fighting Pokkle.

Leorio requested his match be postponed due to Bodoro's injuries, so the next match between Killua and Gittarackur was held. As soon as the match starts, Killua begins to walk forward before Gittarackur speaks. "It's been a while, Kil." He pulls out all the pins on his face, changing it into one that was familiar to Killua. His eyes widen as he lets out a small gasp.

"Big brother..."

"Hey," was all he said.

"He's Killua's brother?" Leorio asks.

"He uses those needles to change his appearance?" Kurapika wonders aloud.

"I heard you stabbed mom and Milluki," Killua's brother, Illumi, starts.

"Guess so."

Illumi tilts his head. "Mom couldn't stop crying."

"Well who'd blame her?! Anyone would cry if their kid did that!" Leorio comments.

"She was just so happy." 

Leorio falls over. 

"She was delighted to see that her son had finally grown up. But she's concerned about you being out on your own, and she asked me to check up on you when I got the chance. Lucky me, huh? I had absolutely no idea that you wanted to be a hunter. As for me, I'm here to get a license for a job that's coming up."