ハンター試験パート二 | The Hunter Exam Part 2

"Thanks a lot captain," Gon thanks as the four reach Dolle Harbor. "That was really fun!"

(Y/N) hums in agreement.

"I gotta admit I had a pretty good time myself! Oh yeah, let me give you a bit of advice, as a small token of my appreciation."

"Advice, sir?"

"Look, you see that big cedar tree?" He asks, pointing to said tree. "The one up at the top of that hill? You'll wanna make your way there first. It's a shortcut to the exam sight."

"A shortcut?? Great! So just head for that tree, huh? Thanks for the tip captain, you're the best!"

"Good luck to ya!"

(Y/N) grabs hold of Gon's hand, to which he happily accepts, and the two run off to find their other companions.

"Thanks!!" Gon calls as the two run.

The four finally stop at a map.

"Huh, that's odd," Leorio starts, putting a finger to his chin.

"What is?" Gon asks.

"Uh, according to this notice I received, the exam is supposed to be held somewhere in Zaban city you see. Now we're here and the tree is there which is the opposite direction of Zaban."

"Could you have misheard the captain?" Asks Kurapika.

"I don't think so. He told me I should go towards that cedar tree," Gon answers.

"I see..."

"And this stupid notice isn't any help at all! It says the exam is in Zaban city but it doesn't say where exactly!"

"Our task is to find the site using only limited information. This is another test to determine if we're worthy of the exam," says Kurapika.

"Yeah, I already knew that, smarty pants!! Give it a rest!"

"I think I'll check it out for myself, find out what the captain was talking about," Gon speaks, walking away hand in hand with (Y/N) who nods in agreement.

"Woah woah! You serious? The bus to Zaban is gonna leave any second! We need to be on it when it does. Hey!!" Leorio yells to the two, but they just wave without looking back.

"I hope you don't mind if I join you," (Y/N) and Gon hear as Kurapika joins them. (Y/N) gives a closed eyed smile, humming happily. She takes Kurapika's hand with her free one, now walking in between the two boys. A feeling of comfort overcomes him, reminding him of the time on the ship when she held his hand. Kurapika smiles slightly, lightly squeezing the girls hand.

"Hey, hey, hey, wait for me!!!" The three turn around, only to see Leorio chasing after them.

"It's just, I knew you guys would be lonely without me. Plus, it's no fun traveling alone. That's why I figured I'd stick with you three a little while longer," he laughs, coming up with an excuse as they walk.

They soon make it to a seemingly abandoned city, the place so quiet you could clearly hear the rustling of the wind.

"Man, this is one creepy place. There isn't a single soul anywhere," Leorio points out.

"No, there's a bunch of people here," Gon replies as if it was nothing. (Y/N) nods, humming in agreement.

"What?!"

A door opens beside them, quickly putting everyone on their guard as a group of people on a makeshift stage emerge.

"What's up with these guys?" Leorio asks.