ハンター試験パート八 | The Hunter Exam Part 8

After clearing the second phase of the exam, the examinees fly through the starry sky to the site of the third phase.

"I will now take the opportunity to introduce myself properly to the remaining 42 applicants. I am Netero, the chairman of the selection committee for this years hunter exam. It is a pleasure to meet all of you."

Beside Netero stood the green man from the beginning of the exam.

"And I'm his secretary Beans!"

"I had originally planned to make my appearance during the exams final phase, but, well, seeing as how I'm already here...I have to admit there's nothing I love more than this feeling of tension in the air, so I think I'll stick around for the remainder of the trip," Netero laughs.

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning at 8 o' clock a.m. exactly. You'll find dinner waiting for you in the dining hall. You're also welcome to get some rest of course. You're free to do as you please until we contact you. The evening is yours," Beans says.

"Hey c'mon Gon, (Y/N), let's go and explore the airship!" Killua suggests excitedly.

"Yeah!"

(Y/N), who had taken a nap on the way to Split Mountain, was now more energized and gave an enthusiastic nod. The three quickly run off, leaving Leorio and Kurapika behind.

----

"Hey, kids, what are you doing?! Stay out of the kitchen! Go eat in the dining hall with the others!" The chef kicks the three out, Gon and Killua with meat in their mouths.

Now the three walk through the halls of the airship aimlessly.

"Hey, awesome! Gon, (Y/N), look!" Killua shouts, running up to one of the windows.

"What is it?" Gon wonders, (Y/N) and him also running to the windows.

"Woah, it's like it's covered in jewels!" He exclaims.

"Yeah!"

"Hey, so I was wondering, your parents. Are they, I mean, where are they?" Gon strikes up a conversation.

"Hm...they're alive, probably."

"What do they do?"

"They're assassins."

(Y/N) turns to Killua, curious.

"They both are?"

Suddenly Killua starts laughing.

"That's your response?! Hahaha! You really are a riot aren't ya? You're not the first people I've told about my parents but you're the first to take it seriously."

"But it's true, isn't it?"

"Why do you think that?"

"It's just a hunch."

"Weird. Most of the time people only like me because they can't tell if I'm serious or not. I'm from a family of assassins, so yeah, they're all in the business of murder. And, my entire family, they've got real high hopes for me. But you know, I can't stand it. Who wants their whole life mapped out for them? When I told them I wanted to decide my own future, they all flipped out! It was crazy! My mom had tears just streaming down her face and she kept screaming at me how I had the potential to be a top assassin."

Gon laughs nervously.

"Horrible parents, right? No wonder I'm rotten. Then we started fighting so I slashed my mom in the face and stabbed my brother in the side and ran away from home! I'm sure they're out for blood now. If they all come after me I'll kill them. When I get my license, I'll hunt them down to the last one. I'm willing to bet they've got pretty hefty bounties on their heads!"