天空闘技場パート二 | Heavens Arena Part 2

"Paying attention?" Wing asks as the group congregates inside the older man's room. "Nen, or flame, is a power that fires our souls." He begins to write on his white board. "In other words, it's the strength of your will. And the four exercises is a training regimen that strengthens your will."

"Strengthens your will?" Gon repeats.

"Training?" Killua asks.

"Correct. Ten: focus the mind on a single point, reflect on the self and determine the goal. Zetsu: to put into words. Ren is to intensify your will. Hatsu is to release it into action," Wing explains.

"Ten, zetsu, ren, hatsu. The four exercises," Gon says as Wing points to the board.

"See Zushi tempered his refusal to lose during his battle with you, Killua. Now, allow me to demonstrate. Killua? For this demonstration I would like to "kill" you now. Is that alright?"

"Sure, why not. But you won't be able to."

"Let's do this in order. First, ten." Wing gets into a stance. "I focus my mind on a single point. Zetsu: express your desired intent. Either mentally or verbally. I will kill you." Win then activates his ren, scaring the two boys while (Y/N) remains unfazed. Just as Wing releases it, Killua jumps back, clinging to the wall. "That was a taste of ren. With enough strength and focus, the will functions as action, or hatsu. With a strong will, your opponent will back down. A more familiar term would be bluffing." Killua jumps down from the wall. "Ren hardens that which is soft and you suddenly find that you've lost your ability to correct an incorrect idea. Therefore, until your soul has fully matured, avoid using ren. As it stands now, you three boys should focus on training your souls."

"Wait but, what about (Y/N)?" Gon wonders. Wing just smiles in return.

"Let's go guys," Killua speaks, starting to walk away.

"If you truly wish to learn about nen, set your sights on mastering ten first. If you master ten, you no longer feel the pressure of an opponents will."

The three walk away after that. (Y/N) furrows her brows as they walk. Why did Wing lie to them? It was clear he knew that she knew nen, so even taking that into account, why did he...?

"He lied?" Gon repeated, snapping (Y/N) out of her thoughts.

"Yeah, what he said was true, far as it went. And his power is the real deal too. But there are a few things it doesn't cover."

"Like?"

"Like how tough Zushi is. In our fight, he got up every time I knocked him down. That was pretty annoying, which is why I got a little pushy with him at the end. It wasn't his strength of will alone that kept him standing that whole time. There's gotta be something else he's hiding."

----

"It's time for the biggest match of the day! Three rookies have advanced to the 190th floor without losing a single fight! Gon, Killua, and (Y/N)! Will they be able to clear today's match in one shot too? Okay everyone, get ready to press your wager buttons!" The announcer speaks.

"Your kick might have been able to take out all those other opponents, but I'm quite different. I'm faster than any fighter here, so you won't be able to land a hit on me!" (Y/N)'s opponent, a slender woman, claims.

"And begin!"

The woman charges at (Y/N) at full speed, but (Y/N) is still faster, taking the woman out in a single kick once more.

"That's a critical hit and knockdown! That's three points!! It's a knock out! And, winner is, (Y/N)!" Announces the referee.

"Once again Gon, Killua, and (Y/N) have knocked out their opponents with one attack meaning all three of them have successfully cleared the 190th floor! All three competitors advance to the 200th floor!"