ハンター試験パート六 | The Hunter Exam Part 6

"Now everyone, please make sure to follow close behind me," Satotz commands as the applicants run through the wetlands.

"Gon, (Y/N)," Killua calls.

"Yeah?"

"Hm?"

"Let's try to move up to the front," he says.

"Right, the last thing we wanna do is lose sight of the examiner right now."

"I just wanna put a little more distance between Hisoka and us. Staying too close is dangerous. I can smell it."

"Smell huh." Gon sniffs the air. "Huh? I don't think he smells. Hey Leorio, Kurapika! Killua says we should all move up to the front of the pack!!" He shouts.

"Hey, calm down! Don't you feel the tension in the air?" Killua scolds.

"You idiot!! If I could reach the front I'd already be there!" Leorio shouts back.

"Go ahead, we'll meet you there!" Kurapika calls.

"Awww," Gon whines.

"C'mon let's go!" Killua says, moving up a bit. (Y/N) follows behind him.

"Wait, hold on!"

Gon quickly catches up, and after running for a while they hear the screams of others.

"I wonder what's happening. I can hear people screaming all around us," Gon points out.

"That's why we need to be careful."

"I haven't seen the guys in a while. I just hope they're safe."

Gon and Killua suddenly stop, causing (Y/N) to stop as well. Her eyes widen and she jumps up right as the two fall into a pit trap. A giant frog emerges, swallowing them whole.

It starts to climb out of its hole, and (Y/N) is immediately on edge, growling as veins pop out of her head, her eyes becoming slitted and her nails becoming sharper and longer.

Just as she's about to charge, however, the frog starts turning blue before throwing up the two boys. (Y/N), realizing what has happened, rushes to her friends and hugs them, not caring about the fact they're covered in frog bile.

Killua froze, having never really been hugged by girls before, let alone someone he just recently met. Gon, on the other hand, happily returns the hug.

"H-hey! Don't do stuff like that! It's embarrassing..." Killua trails off, a light pink dusting his cheeks. (Y/N) only gives a closed-eyed smile, patting him on the head to which he blushes more. Gon giggles at their interaction.

"I guess he must not have liked the way we tasted, huh?" Gon speaks up.

Killua pulls out a can of the juice Tonpa had given him earlier. "It was this stuff."

"Oh, the drink Tonpa had! I guess that's what saved us."

"Yeah, probably so but I could've escaped without it."

"I'm still pretty worried about Leorio and Kurapika..."

"Forget about them, we need to keep moving," Killua says, standing up. "We can still make it if we start right now."

Killua and (Y/N) start to run, but Gon stops, causing (Y/N) to stop as well. She turns around, looking at Gon curiously. He soon takes off, (Y/N) following out of concern.

The two run together until they stumble upon Hisoka about to hurt Leorio. Quickly, Gon takes out his fishing rod, casting the line and hitting Hisoka, preventing him from touching Leorio.