Chapter 8

"I open my eyes and find myself in a large hall with cages built into the walls. I guess it's a jail. Someone grabs me by my arm.

'Hey!' I yell. I look up and see it's one of the shadowy figures from before. The figure doesn't respond, dragging me down the hall. I then notice I'm in shackles and wearing a plain shirt and jeans.

The figure brings me to a cell and throws me in, slamming the door shut quickly. Someone stood in front of me, staring down at me with dark eyes. I laugh nervously and whisper a hello. The person responds with a sharp kick to my stomach, shoving me back into the wall. I scream and the person laughs...

..the laugh is so familiar, that it makes me cringe. the person yells 'Having fun yet, Shooting Star?!' before everything goes black..."

~~~

I gasped as water was poured all over me. I open my eyes and see Bill pouring a water bottle all over me.

"Bill?" I whispered, sitting up. It was daylight now and the sun stung my eyes, but all the pain from before was gone. Bill smiled.

"You're okay!" He yelled, helping me to my feet. He had the flashlight in his pocket and the blanket along with the backpack was hanging in a nearby tree. I also realized my clothes were different.

My eyes widened and I gave Bill a look. He stared at me blankly before speaking up. "...What?" he asked. "Did.. did you change my clothes?!" I yelled, tugging down on my skirt a little. Bill blushed light pink. "N- no! Well, yeah but I didn't see anything! I swear!"

"Then how am I in different clothing!" I yelled, my face getting hot as a light blush became visible. "You clearly undressed me!"

"Magic! I used magic dammit!" He countered. I paused. That actually made a lot of more sense. I grabbed my blanket and backpack from the tree and walked away from him a bit.

"...whatever." I whispered, wrapping myself up in the blanket and sitting down. I heard Bill sigh behind me as I grabbed my knitting from my bag. "...but thank you." I mumbled.

Bill smiled.