Chapter 11

"You're still here?" Kassie asked as she walked into the living room of the mikaelson's house. She had to admit waking up and not seeing kol was a lot harder than she expected and with the new absence of their connect dream world, it was going to get a lot harder.
"As if I could leave you" Rebekah replied taking a sip from her glass, kassie smiled at the girl and collapsed next to her on the settee.
"Anyone else?"
"Klaus" Rebekah replied "sadly" they both chuckled.

"You doing anything today?" Kassie asked after a little while
"Perhaps, I have some questions for a certain sherif" Rebekah smiled "what about you"
"Damon asked if we could meet at the the grill" kassie muttered "to talk"
"Good luck"
"Thanks"
"Hey" Rebekah said softly grabbing Kassie's arm "did kol um... tell you what he was doing"
"Yep" kassie said thinking back to a few nights ago.

Flashback
"You're leaving?" Kassie asked, laying stomach down on his bed, palms holding her chin up to look at him.
"Yeah, I'm sorry" kol replied packing clothes into a duffle bag that he zipped up.
"Where and why" kassie asked. Kol paused and kassie saw it, starting to worry she sat up and crossed her legs "kol"
Kol ducked his head, almost in shame and crossed the room to sit next to her. "Kol, you're scaring me"
"I'm going to Denver"
"That's where..." kassie's voice trailed off "kol"

"Nothing like that, I swear" kol soothed "I just, I need to leave here for a while and I thought it was best for us to get to know each other before elena gets wind of it and corrupts him into thinking I'm completely evil"
"That's what she's best at" kassie said "corrupting people" kol lightly pulled her back So they were both laying in the bed, then he tucked his head into her shoulder.
"I love you, you know that right" kol whispered, his breath tickling her neck.
"I know" she replied, kissing his forehead "I love you to"

Kassie walked into the grill slowly. She had frozen many times on the way over and had nearly turned back twice but here she was because she was not a quitter. The first thing she did was look over the crowd to look for Damon, he was sat on a table not to far away from the door, a cup of bourbon in front of him.
"Hey" she said timidly "I...I got your text"
"Really, I wouldn't know" Damon snapped "seeing as you didn't even bother the reply"
"Yeah, well, I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind" kassie replied. "Look, I came here, hoping you'd understand" she said getting up from the table "but if you aren't even going to try-"

"Can you remember when we first met?" A small voice said, kassie sighed and turned to face him once again
"How could I forget?" Kassie said
"I had just come home and I wasn't in the best frame of mind either" Damon started, taking a drink "I had seen Stefan and it just made everything worse. I was so angry and ready to turn it off but then A girl came up to me and there was just something about her. She just radiated light. The point to this whole story is that you were there for me when I was at my worst, whether you realised or not and I want you to know I'm going to be there for you, okay, no matter what"

Kassie was shocked. Her mouth opened but nothing came out.
"Jeez" Damon said "if I knew that would shut you up, I would've said it ages-" he didn't finish because kassie got up from her seat and neatly tackled him to the ground.
"Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you" she whispered
"No" he replied honestly "it feels good to be appreciated"
"We'll get used to it because it's never going away"

Kassie's phone rang, it was Sheriff Forbes.
"Hey"
"Kassie" the women said "I need you to come to the station"
"Okay I'll be right there"
"don't Bring Damon with you" the call ended and kassie looked up at the vampire in front of her.
"What was that about" he asked, eyebrows raised
"The Sheriff wants me at the station" she replied, knowing full well he heard