Chapter 10

Stefan and Damon led Kassie and Elijah into the living room and invited them to take a seat (well they really helped them self but let's not talk about that)
"So" Elijah said, breaking the silence that had, until then, filled the room "if you want to save elena's life I need you to help me stop my mother"
"I'm a little embarrassed to admit" Damon sassed "but when it comes to killing thousand year old resurrected witches I'm a little rusty"

"Yes, unfortunately" Elijah said "even when killed my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead" kassie chuckled a little next to him making Elijah smile down at her. Kassie was still having a hard time trying to processing that the kind woman she had met, the one that helped her when she ran away was trying to kill her own children, it just didn't make any sense.
"So what are we suppose to do" Stefan asked walking forward
"The witches that released my mother" Elijah said "she's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken"

At this kassie tensed, she wished there was another way, bonnie and Caroline were basically her other sisters and she hated the fact that it was the only way. She just hoped that bonnie and her mother would complete transition so that they wouldn't permanently die.
"Broken?" Stefan asked
"Yeah he means" Damon mimed a hand drawing across his throat

"You want us to kill them" Stefan said, Damon looked right at kassie and she bowed her head in shame.
"You know I would do it my self" Elijah clarified, lightly taking Kassie's hand "but I have absolutely no idea where they are. Besides seeing me they'd immediately know my intentions, they wouldn't expect to be harmed by the likes of you. In any case you have until six minutes after nine" Elijah continued, standing up and picking up his jacket, kassie followed his lead.

"Oh how super specific of you" Damon sassed
"By nine o seven the moon will be full and my mother will have the power to kill me and my family" Elijah replied "if you do not stope her before then, Rebekah will kill elena. So we all have our timeline. I suggest you get started." With that he walked out the room, kassie shortly behind him. As she passed Damon her grabbed her forearm and pulled her back.
Elijah immediately turned and got ready to attack Damon.
"Kassie?" He asked
"It's fine, I'll meet you outside" he nodded and left the house.

"I'm surprised you're going along with this plan" Damon raises an eyebrow
"And why's that?" Kassie asked, pretending to be oblivious to his accusations.
"Because they are threatening to kill your sister" Stefan replied matter of factly "you know, the one you left surrounded by glass in the middle of the night for no reason" Kassie laughed humourlessly
"She didn't tell you did she?"
"Tell us what" Damon asked

"My saint of a sister told me she wished I was dead, apparently she would rather I suffered the fate of my mother" kassie smirked at their faces "and no one will have to die as long as you stop Esther before six past nine"She made a move to leave but Damon trightened his grip on her arm
"Wait-"
"Don't" kassie interrupted "I have a lot of built up anger and I doubt you want a new hole in your wall" Damon let go and stepped away from her.
"You wouldn't" Stefan shouted "you're just a kid" she walked out to join Elijah.
"Let's go warn my dear bothers about our crazy mother" he said

As the two of them walked towards the mystic grill Kassie felt a sharp pain just above where her heart was. She fell to the ground in shock, breathing heavily and clutching her chest.
"Kassandra?!" Elijah gasped kneeling on the floor next to her "are you okay"
"It's not me" Kassie breathed, slightly in shock "it's kol" she slowly looked up to meet Elijah's eyes. Elijah seemed to realise what she was saying but it was to late as grey veins climbed his neck and quickly covered his face.

"Elijah" Kassie cried as he fell on his side. She turned him over so he was on his back. Kassie knew there was nothing she could do, kol must have been stabbed with normal wood otherwise all the siblings would be dead so all she could do was sit and wait for one of two things to happen. Either Elijah woke up or he didn't, she just hoped it was the first. Still feeling the burn on her chest, Kassie checked the area and was not surprised to find grey veins also travelling towards her neck however these were slower than the mikaelson's.