Deleted scene 1-lockwood ball

So, chapter 19 is taking longer than I hoped so while you wait here is a deleted scene from where I was originally going to start the book. It takes place at the Lockwood ball when elena gets kidnapped by Elijah. Enjoy!

Kassandra and elena followed Matt and Jeremy while they helped Jenna, who was newly out of hospital, into the Gilbert household

Kassandra and elena followed Matt and Jeremy while they helped Jenna, who was newly out of hospital, into the Gilbert household. As soon as they got in Matt took all of jenna's weight and told Jeremy to shut the door. Kassandra decided this was the best moment to talk to her best friend and adopted brother.
"How are you doing" kassandra asked Jeremy.
"I'm a little shaken up" he admitted
"That's understandable I mean Jenna could've died"

"What about you" he asked fiddling with her hair
"I'm glad she's alive, I don't think I could deal with another death" she admitted
"I'm sorry"
"Why, it wasn't your fault it was Katherine" kassandra said laying her head on his chest, he wrapped his arms around her.
Jeremy took a breath
"Yeah, I guess I never expected Katherine to go this far"

"None of us did" kassandra said as he put an arm around her shoulders.
"Stop fussing i'm fine" Jenna complained getting both teen's attention.
"The doctors said you needed rest" elena argued, holding jenna's arm.
"Yeah you don't want to rip your stitches, haemorrhage and die, all right" Jeremy joked making kassandra laugh.
"Yeah the only thing I'm going to die of is embarrassment" Jenna replied
"No" kassandra said in an attempt to comfort her, Jenna laughed humourlessly

"I walked into a knife" she deadpanned, making elena, kassandra and Jeremy look at each other "how does somebody do that" kassandra couldn't take it, Jenna didn't know about the supernatural world and lying to her was tearing kassandra apart. She walked into the kitchen and gripped the side of the sink taking deep breaths to calm herself down as water drops floated around her.
"Hey are you okay" jeremy's voice startled her making the water fall back into the sink, kassandra turned around to face him.
"Yeah" she sighed "stress makes my magic act up, I'll be fine just need to breath."

Elena walked in carrying all the shopping bags.
"What are we gonna do" Jeremy asked taking two of the bags and passing one to kassandra who started to unpack the food into the fridge.
"Make lunch" elena answered making kassandra frown, although Elena was her adopted sister the two had never seen eye to eye.
"About Katherine"
"We're not going to do anything, Jeremy" elena replied rudely

"Kassie, why don't you go and check on Jenna" Jeremy suggested, kassandra was about to protest, she hated that she was younger so always left out, but she saw the look in Jeremy's eyes and decided against it.
When she got into the living room she sat on the floor against the couch and pulled out her sketch pad. The book was nearly full of pencil drawings, it was the best way to capture and preserve the dreams she had. The dreams mainly revolved around one boy, around her age but they would often include the boys four siblings. After having the dreams since she could remember she had learnt the names of them, the eldest was Finn, then Elijah, klaus, kol himself and the youngest Rebekah.