Chapter 13

Don't start the song till I say

Kassie woke up with a massive headache. Who knew falling asleep crying could be so painful. After remembering the night before and the events that happened she decided that spending the entire day in bed would help her feel better. It got to lunch time before anyone checked on her.
"Kassie" Jeremy said opening her door "kassie get up"
"No" she mumbled through her duvet. She heard Jeremy huff and jump onto the bed pulling down the cover slightly so he could see her face.

"You can't stay here all day" he argued, laying down next to her.
"I can try" she replied, narrowing her eyes
"Come on, going to help at the school will do you good" Jeremy said nudging her arm "it will keep you mind off him" him, kol. Her soulmate, first love, the person she loved most in the world and she ruined it.
"As compelling as that is" kassie grumbled, turning over and pulling the duvet back up "I'm good"
"Right" Jeremy piped getting up "I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice" he pulled the duvet off of her "get ready, I'm coming to bring you to the school in ten minutes, whether your ready or not"

Kassie pulled her hair into a messy bun, pulled on some leggings and a jumper and slipped her feet into her ugg boots. The school gym was bustling with activity, people were sticking, hanging and pinning things all over the room. Jeremy immediately went over to where Matt was hanging decorations while kassie dragged her feet over to elena and Caroline.
"Kassie" Caroline squealed, hugging the girl "it feels like forever"
"Sure does" kassie said pulling a fake smile, she loved Caroline but she just felt emotionally exhausted
"Elena told me about..." the girl trailed off.

"She did?" Kassie half heartedly glared at elena but dropped it
"Yeah...and I'm sorry, to too were really cute" Caroline muttered
"Yeah, I'm sorry too" kassie whispered and walked away towards where Jeremy and Matt were still on the ladder. "Hey Matt" the boy hummed "have you heard from Rebekah?"
"No why?"
"She hasn't been replying to my texts" kassie admitted "I just wanted to make sure she was okay"

"I'm sure she is" Matt smiled reassuringly and patted her shoulder
"Yeah" kassie didn't truly believe it "I hope so" Matt handed the girl the pile of streamers in his hand and walked off. Kassie climbed up the other side to Jeremy and placed the streamers down between them.
"It'll all be okay" Jeremy tried as he watched kassie lazily use her magic to hang the shiny fabric up.
"Will it?"
"I bloody well hope so" Jeremy chuckled grabbing her hand and squeezing it "I can't bare for you to be like this forever"

Kassie managed to escape from the hall and slipped outside to get some air. As soon as she heard the noise fade behind her she pulled out her phone and dialled Rebekah's number. It kept ringing but went to voicemail.
"Um hey, it's kassie, but I'm sure you saw my caller ID so you probably know" kassie rambled, she took a deep breath "so, um, kol probably told you about our fight and what happened. You're probably ignoring me because of it but Bexs...I messed up"her breath caught as she tried not to cry "I know he's your brother but...I really need my friend right now and I need to know if your okay. So please call me back or even just a text"

The dance was in full swing once Jeremy and kassie finally arrived, being forced to attend by elena. They headed straight for the refreshments table, where they stayed for the first half an hour of the night just gossiping.
"Elena brought Stefan" Jeremy gasped, pointing to where their sister had appeared arm in arm with hero hair.
"No way" kassie replied, taking a sip of her drink "girls got balls. I feel bad for Damon"
"I swear your the only person to ever say that" Jeremy laughed "I will never understand how your friends with Satan"
"Hey words hurt" Damon pouted as he pored himself a drink, Jeremy whipped his head around while kassie just rolled her eyes and muttered drama queen, Damon glared at her.