Chapter 1

As soon as Kassandra Gilbert was up and dressed she sat on her bed and pulled out her sketch pad

As soon as Kassandra Gilbert was up and dressed she sat on her bed and pulled out her sketch pad. The book was nearly full of pencil drawings, it was the best way to capture and preserve the dreams she had. The dreams mainly revolved around one boy, around her age but they would often include the boys four siblings. After having the dreams since she could remember she had learnt the names of them, the eldest was Finn, then Elijah, klaus, kol himself and the youngest Rebekah.

She continued sketching for a while, making sure to capture all of his features, from his cute nose to his playful smirk. It was only when her phone went off that she snapped out of her trance.
"Hello" kassie answered
"Are you planning on emerging from your room anytime today" elena's voice came through the phone
Kassie checked the time and nearly dropped her phone, was it really eleven thirty.
"Yep, sorry, got caught up drawing" she ended the call and packed up her art before running down the stairs.

"Morning Ricky" kassie smiled hugging Alaric, he chuckled and hugged back.
"Morning kassie"
"No good morning hug for me then" a voice said from behind, kassandra whipped round and her smile brightened
"Damon, what are you doing here"
"my thoughts exactly" Alaric muttered, both of them chose to ignore him. Damon opened his arms and smirked at kassandra.

"Come here sparky" Damon said, kassie excepted the hug but muttered
"Have I told you how much I hate that nickname"
"Yes, multiple times" Damon replied laying his head on top of hers
"Okay" she sighed "just making sure" the two pulled apart.
"Right, I'm off to go see liz"
"Ooo, can i come" kassie piped
"Yeah, okay"

When Damon and kassie found liz she explained the situation with her ex husband, Caroline's father. How he had tortured Caroline and his plans for the rest of the towns vampires. Kassie wasn't really listening to much of the conversation, she was more interested in the hundred texts she had sent to Elijah and the big fat zero that he replied to her with. She only looked up with she bumped into Damon's back.

"Ooof"
"Oops, sorry sparky" kassie sent him a half hearted glare "we're here" Damon said with jazz hands
"Yeah, very funny Damon" she snapped, walking straight into the jail and down the stairs to where bill was being held. Damon and liz shared a look but followed her down, they knew something was wrong but decided to let it slide, she had been under a lot of stress since Jenna had died.

~*~

As soon as they got to the Lockwood party, kassie ran off. Damon had been trying to talk kassie constantly and kassie was trying to avoid him, constantly. It was only when she let her guard down slightly at the drinks table that Damon was able to softly grip her arm.
"Hey" he said softly "I've been trying to speak to you"
"Yeah" kassie muttered trying to walk off "I've noticed"
"Are you okay"