Chapter 6

"I'm fine" kassie said trying to sit up in the hospital bed, the newly proven innocent, doctor Meredith fell, softly pushed her back down

"Not so fast young lady" the doctor said "we need to rule out major injuries"
"This isn't the first time I've been knocked out" kassie remarked, Meredith's hard gaze landed on her once again "and that didn't help my case at all, did it?"
"Nope" the woman laughed shining a bright light into Kassie's eyes "I am slightly worried though, you need to be more careful, kassie"

"Yeah okay, next time someone sneaks up on my from behind" kassie said sarcastically "I'll be sure to say, 'hey just don't hit my head'." She softened her voice "hows Alaric"
"He'll be fine, that ring saved his life, again" Meredith said causing kassie to sigh in relief "you're very lucky, I don't think it's anything serious but you do have a concussion, I'll need to run some more test just to make sure though. Can you wait here for a few minutes"
"Do I have a choice" kassie asked, Meredith glared at her as she left the room.

While she waited for the X-ray results of her head, kassie started to feel Dizzy and so when a wave of sickness came over her she decided to rest her eyes. When she woke back up there was a chuckle.
"I leave you for what, a week" a voice said, kassie looked towards the source "and you end up in hospital"
"Rebekah" kassie shouted, Rebekah perched on the edge of the bed, leaning forward and hugging the small girl. "I see klaus took my advice and undaggered you"
"You told klaus to undagger me"

"Yeah..I mean, you're my friend" kassie looked down at her hands lacing them "I told klaus that you had forgiven him. I hope you don't mind"
"Not at all" Rebekah said clasping kassie's hands in hers "you made me realise that although I was angry at him when push comes to shove he's me brother and family always comes first" kassie nodded
"But you kicked his ass though, right"
"Duh" they both burst laughing

"Did klaus tell you about your siblings" kassie asked
"No, what?" She lied
"He's got them back, all of them" kassie beamed at the blonde original "he said he'll undagger them once he gets the last coffin back, the one with the weapon to kill him"
"Kassie, your friends, they opened the coffin"
"They did?"
"Yeah"

"What was inside" kassie inquired
"Our mother" Rebekah responded making kassie's mouth fell open
"No way" she muttered "I thought she was, you know, dead"
"We all did. And you know what the first thing she does Is" Rebekah shouted, kassie gestured for her to continue "she forgives nick on the spot"
"No, way" kassie fake gasped, Rebekah glared at her "what, it's not that surprising. she's your mother, that's what mothers do" Rebekah noticed kassie's distant expression and her eyebrows furrowed.
"Hey, are you okay"

"Yeah, um, it's probably nothing" kassie stuttered, Rebekah raises an eyebrow at her "well it's just. earlier, when I got knocked out, I went to the dream world, like normal and then the strangest thing happened. Kol like, disappeared"
"He did" Rebekah asked, avoiding eye contact. kassie could tell to girl was hiding something from her.  "That's so strange"
"Rebekah, I say this in the nicest way possible" kassie said "you're crap at lying. What aren't you telling me"
"I can't tell you, not yet. You have to meet someone first"
"Who?" Kassie asked.