Chapter 8

Don't start the song until I say ~lu

~flashback"You look beautiful tonight darling" the British voice said and suddenly Kassie was happy because her soul was whole again

~flashback
"You look beautiful tonight darling" the British voice said and suddenly Kassie was happy because her soul was whole again.

"Kol" Damon snarled
"Dylan, was it" kol replied, Kassie had to hide her laughter with her hand
"Damon" Damon grumbled, kol ignored him and instead turned to elena who was eyeing her sister carefully.
"I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet. kol mikaelson"
"Elena Gilbert"
"I've heard a lot about you from my brother" kol replied, squeezing kassie's hand "I'm going to steal kassie away, you can have her back later" Damon tried to protest but the two were already lost in the crowd.

Kol led kassie away from the busy house and out into the garden. Stars were scattered in the night sky and although it was dark the two weren't in darkness. A path was illuminated with flickering candles and a few trees and bushes were lined with fairy lights, creating a warm glow that lit up the estate.
"Woah" kassie gasped "it's beautiful out here, did you do this"
"Yep" he showed kassie his hands which looked perfectly fine "there are some benefits to being a vampire. For example burns heal like they weren't even there" kassie giggled making kol smile proudly.

"Thank you" kassie whispered "for getting me out of there"
"It was the least I could do" kol replied standing directly in front of her and held her hands in his "plus you looked like you were about to kill them all and as much as I would usually go for that, I would hate for you to become like me"
"What's so bad about you" kassie soothed bringing her hand up to his face
"You are one of a kind Kassandra Burke"
"I forgot how much I love that name" Kassie said, smiling sadly "no one uses it anymore, not in the flesh anyway, written letters just aren't the same"

"I could use it" kol offered "if you want, I don't have to-"
"Actually that would be lovely"
"I..uh" kol took a breath and reached into his suit pocket "I have something for you" he pulled out a small box which was tied in a red ribbon. Kassie took the box with a delicate hand and slowly opened it to reveal a key necklace.
"Kol you didn't have to"
"But I did and, it has meaning to" he said taking the necklace out of the box and waking behind Kassie to secure it around her neck.