Chapter 1: A Broken Soul...

Y/N POV

What was the point? There was no point. That's what I told myself everyday when getting up. I sat up from my bed and looked around my empty bedroom. Well it wasn't exactly my bedroom. It was a room in an old apartment block that was abandoned. I had been moving around the town from place to place ever since I lost my family. I had no siblings and the rest of my family lives abroad so I was left on my own. There was no way I was going into a children's home so I just packed my stuff and left.

Y/N: "Ugh. Go away sun!"

The sun was shining in my eyes which was really getting me annoyed. I was always annoyed. There was nothing for me to smile about. Sometimes I question why I put myself through all of this. I sigh and stand up and stretch. I pick up my bags and leave the room. I didn't really know where I was gonna go but I just walked.

Y/N: "I'll just go to the park or something."

I walked to the park and sat on one of the benches. I was sat there just staring into nothingness until a voice brought me out of my thoughts.

Frank: "Y/N? Is that you?"

It was the voice of probably one of the only person I had talked to in the past few weeks. Frank. He never told me his second name but I do know that he attended that fancy Appleton academy. Why he wanted to talk to me, I don't know.

Y/N: "Yeah it's me. What is it?"

I look up at him.

Frank: "Just checking on you. I still think you should tell someone that you are on your own. You can't live like this."

Y/N: "Sure I can. I don't need anyone else. People let me down."

He sits on the bench next to me and sighs.

Frank: "I know that you are struggling to cope with them being gone. But you're not alone. I'm here to help."

Y/N: "Why do you care about me?"

Frank: "What?"

Y/N: "You go to a fancy school. You're best friends with that Andrew Hanbridge so why waste your time on me."

He stutters for a few seconds before answering.

Frank: "Because I know that you need my help Y/N. Please for your own sake just tell someone."

I stand up and look at him.

Y/N: "I appreciate your concern, but you don't need to worry about me. I'll see you next time when we will probably have this conversation again."

I turn on my heels and walk away leaving Frank behind. I walked aimlessly around town for ages until I walked past the cafe that I always found myself at.

Y/N: "*sigh* This is a tradition by now."

I pushed the door open and heard the ding of the little bell on top of the door. I closed it and the looked around. The cafe was empty. The owner waved over at me as I returned a small one.

Cafe Owner: "Y/N! Good to see you again! Can I get you anything or?"

I shake my head and just sit down at one of the tables. A few minutes later they walk over with a coffee and a slice of cake.

Y/N: "I can't pay you."

Cafe Owner: "It doesn't matter. I know what kind of a place you are in and I'll do all I can to provide you with what you need. Because I know how stubborn you are about telling the authorities about your situation."

Y/N: "You're right. I am stubborn. I'm not going to tell them."

I take a bite out of the cake as the owner sits down opposite me. I look up at them and then back at the table.

Cafe Owner: "How you holding up?"

Y/N: "Fine."

Cafe Owner: "You're not. I can see it in your expression. You miss them don't you?"

I nod my head. I never was good at expressing myself but I feel that this was enough.

Cafe Owner: "Don't worry. Just keep coming here everyday and maybe I can sort something out for you."

I look up and give them a small smile. It was probably the most I had smiled in ages.

Y/N: "Thank you."

*ring*

Cafe Owner: "Ah! It seems we have a customer!"

I watch him stand up and walk back over to the counter. I sip the coffee he gave me and looked back over. He was serving a girl around my age with brown hair. She was wearing an orange hooded jacket, a blue sweater, brown shorts and red boots. I turned away again and looked down at the table.

Y/N: "I'll just be heading off now. I'll be back tomorrow. Maybe."

The pair look at me as the owner nods his head.

Cafe Owner: "O-ok Y/N. Take care of yourself."

I nod my head and walk out of the cafe and just decided to walk around again. I had nothing else to do.

Akko POV

I watched as this boy walked out of the door and away from the cafe. I turn back around and the owner who was shaking his head.

Cafe Owner: "May god have mercy on his broken soul."

He then shakes his head and smiles at me.

Cafe Owner: "Hello! What can I get for you Miss?"

Akko: "Oh I just wanted to ask, do you know how to get to Luna Nova? I have this map but I don't really know where to go."

Cafe Owner: "Ah! Luna Nova! I've served many students over the years! Of course I know. Just up that hill there and that tower is the Tor. The way to Luna Nova!"

I look out the window to where he was pointing . I turned back around and smiled.

Akko: "Thank you! You're very kind!"

Cafe Owner: "Glad I could be of help Miss ummm."

Akko: "Oh I'm Atsuko Kagari! But everyone calls me Akko. I just arrived from Japan!"

He smiles at me.

Cafe Owner: "I hope everything goes well for you."

I smile and turn to walk out. However, I couldn't get the thought of that boy from earlier. And what the man said.

Cafe Owner: "May god have mercy on his broken soul."

What did he mean? What has happened to him?

To be continued.

A/N: Hey! This is the next story I will be working on. An Akko story! This was the initial idea before I started 'Magic vs Science' but I did that instead. But now we have 'Broken', the bubbly Akko falling in love with a lonely Y/N. This should be interesting.

Take Care!